PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to vista?

ciderally
21-Dec-09, 14:33
I have a laptop with xp....can i remove everything and install vista?:roll:

Ricco
21-Dec-09, 14:44
Vista was pants - wouldn't you rather upgrade to Windows 7?

igglepiggle
21-Dec-09, 14:56
i wouldnt reccommend vista either, i have it and hate it!!

masterchippy
21-Dec-09, 16:47
Definitely a backward move if you go anywhere with MS go to Windows 7 put it on my old XP machine and it runs better than XP did graphics card will not run Aero but that is no loss as it is a function over aesthetics decision anyway.
System
2.6 G processor
1G memory
32Meg graphics
all the best

Bobinovich
21-Dec-09, 17:20
Defo not a recommended move! Apart from Vista being awful, the chances are your laptop has an XP licence, so if you wanted to put Vista (or Windows 7 for that matter) you'd need to purchase a full retail licence. It's really not worth doing, even if your laptop specification is capable of handling the newer version.

EDDIE
21-Dec-09, 19:48
I have a laptop with xp....can i remove everything and install vista?:roll:

Well i have vista on my laptop and its ok now to be honest about you are far better of sticking with xp and if you ar going to be paying full retail price for a operating system i think you are wasting your money and we better of putting it towards a new laptop.Laptops are quite cheap compared with upgrading.
If u are going to buy an operating system go onto website like ebuyer and dabbs.com you can buy a system rebuild windows operating system for half the price of a retail version for as long as you buy a motherboard with it?

ciderally
23-Dec-09, 00:45
hey...thanks everyone prob stick with the xp on this old laptop...xx bob I havent forgot u....xx