PDA

View Full Version : Actress Brittany Murphy..... RIP

Amy-Winehouse
20-Dec-09, 20:46
American Actress Brittany Murphy has died today at the age of 32 from a suspected Heart attack :~(

R.I.P Brittany

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-09, 21:23
Oh no! So young too.

She was talented. Love her movies and she had a good singing voice too.

RIP. :~(

Margaret M.
20-Dec-09, 22:15
Sad! So very young to die from a heart attack.

Turquoise
20-Dec-09, 22:25
What a shame.

I must say when I saw the recent pictures, which accompanied the news reports, she looked terribly thin. Looks like it could have been a heart attack brought on by anorexia or another eating disorder possibly? :confused

trix
20-Dec-09, 22:27
jee whizz, am shocked!! she was very pritty too :(

bettedaviseyes
20-Dec-09, 22:39
its turns out Brittany liked the white stuff a bit to much up her nose!!! so is it any wonder she has had an heart attack shame tho liked her R.I.P

Liz
20-Dec-09, 23:57
Very sad whatever the cause of death.:(

*Martin*
21-Dec-09, 00:02
I love assumptions.

balto
21-Dec-09, 00:07
call me a bit slow on the uptake but who is she.

Turquoise
21-Dec-09, 00:25
I love assumptions.

I love assumptions too, hence why I've made mine :Razz

Well, it may be an assumption, but there's a good chance it would have at least been a contributory factor!

She was in '8 mile' and also 'Clueless', if that's any help?

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-09, 00:25

Lol she was in quite a few movies. But just til name a few Just Married, 8 Mile, Voice in Happy Feet, Riding in cars with boys.

Kevin Milkins
21-Dec-09, 00:49

Thank Christ for balto, I was beginning to think I had lived a very sheltered life.:confused

I have not seen any of the quoted films she has been in either, so perhaps I do need to get out more.

Boozeburglar
21-Dec-09, 01:23
Talented and all that she surely was; and it is very sad regardless of what caused her heart attack.

I can't help but think about all the service people who have lost their lives lately.

golach
21-Dec-09, 01:27
Me too, who is she???

balto
21-Dec-09, 10:01
Thank Christ for balto, I was beginning to think I had lived a very sheltered life.:confused

I have not seen any of the quoted films she has been in either, so perhaps I do need to get out more.

Me too, who is she???
still dont know, im not a film fan at all(not got the time to sit an watch one lol.) seen her photo this morning and still clueless.

Scorpio12thNov
21-Dec-09, 15:01
What a shame...Such a bonnie lassie, & at 32 so young:(

I do hope that woman (& men) of this age age group, those who are fond of chemicals, will take a long, hard, look at this. The party has to end sometime, or as this proves, the party will go on without you...

Invisible
21-Dec-09, 17:16
Tragic news, I was wondering just the other day what had happened to her as she has been out the showbiz spotlight for a while.
She was good in Just Married, although it wasn't her best movie.

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-09, 17:41
Tragic news, I was wondering just the other day what had happened to her as she has been out the showbiz spotlight for a while.
She was good in Just Married, although it wasn't her best movie.

She had 4 movies in Post-production for over e next few years, but yea she had gone oota the spotlight for a while.

Kodiak
21-Dec-09, 19:14
One of the films she starred in was Clueless, here is a pic of her from this film.

R.I.P.

http://i46.tinypic.com/9r2btx.jpg

Loraine
21-Dec-09, 19:28
One of the films she starred in was Clueless, here is a pic of her from this film.

R.I.P.

http://i46.tinypic.com/9r2btx.jpg

I made the same mistake as you - when I googled her for photos. But this is actually Alicia Silverstone. In Clueless, Brittany Murphy played Alicia's side kick - Tai. Here's a photo of her :
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd15/christonberg/Horses/Tai.jpg

Loraine
21-Dec-09, 19:32
Here's a more recent photo of her - she had her hair blonde in recent years!
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd15/christonberg/Horses/happyfeetprem5.jpg

Amy-Winehouse
21-Dec-09, 20:28
She also released a single 3 years ago with DJ Paul Oakenfold, Faster kill Pussycat, which some of you will remember was quite a good dance tune (well I thought it was ace) I think it reached number 1 ?? , if not, it did well.

Cazaa
21-Dec-09, 22:41
its turns out Brittany liked the white stuff a bit to much up her nose!!! so is it any wonder she has had an heart attack shame tho liked her R.I.P

Where did you get this story from?

According to some sources: The Clueless and 8 Mile actress is said to have become addicted to prescription pills including Vicodin after a series of plastic surgery ops. Similar to Michael Jackson. Did he put it up his nose too?

Other sources suggest anorexia.

We worked with her prior to her recording the Happy Feet dialogue (the producers wanted to create a hybrid vocalisation similar to the Emperor penguin calls but decided against it in the end)

Wonderfully delightful person. What a tragic shame.

Sporran
22-Dec-09, 01:51

What a shame...Such a bonnie lassie, & at 32 so young:(

I do hope that woman (& men) of this age age group, those who are fond of chemicals, will take a long, hard, look at this. The party has to end sometime, or as this proves, the party will go on without you...

That's the first I've heard of her being into illegal drugs, and quite frankly, until we hear the full autopsy and investigation results, I think it's wrong to point the finger. Brittany struck me as being a very sweet girl, and perhaps some underlying medical conditions *were* the cause of her death. We shall have to wait and see.

Whatever the results, her premature death is a tragedy, and a sad loss. She was very cute and pretty, and one of my fave roles was when she was the newlywed bride in the 2003 film, 'Just Married'. It was a romantic comedy, and Ashton Kutcher played the groom.

R.I.P. dear little Brittany.

Metalattakk
22-Dec-09, 03:15
I think there's definitely something suss in this case.

In all the press reports I've read, it's been quoted that fire-fighters were first on the scene, and were administering emergency first aid.

Why were the fire brigade first on the scene and not the paramedics? And if she indeed collapse in the shower, to be found by her mother, why would they need the fire service?

(In one instance today in the Herald, it was stated that paramedics had tended to the poor ailing lass, yet that statement came from the head of the Fire Fighters, and not the head of the Ambulance service or the Police.)

As I said, there's something not right in all of this, unless my understanding of the way the US emergency systems respond to a simple 911 call is misconstrued.

Anyway, RIP Brittany Murphy, whoever you were.

docker
22-Dec-09, 05:26

In all the press reports I've read, it's been quoted that fire-fighters were first on the scene, and were administering emergency first aid.

Why were the fire brigade first on the scene and not the paramedics? And if she indeed collapse in the shower, to be found by her mother, why would they need the fire service?

(In one instance today in the Herald, it was stated that paramedics had tended to the poor ailing lass, yet that statement came from the head of the Fire Fighters, and not the head of the Ambulance service or the Police.)

As I said, there's something not right in all of this, unless my understanding of the way the US emergency systems respond to a simple 911 call is misconstrued.

I’m pretty sure that Paramedics are a branch of the Fire Department in most American states. If this is true this would explain the Fire Departments presents at the house.

Amy-Winehouse
22-Dec-09, 08:51

It was the fire service who were first on the scene with Wacko Jacko when he died, Im sure its coz they administer free first aid while the ambulance is very expensive-if memory serves me correctly.

Metalattakk
22-Dec-09, 11:17
Ah right, cheers guys. My understanding is clearer now. :)

Margaret M.
22-Dec-09, 15:39
I’m pretty sure that Paramedics are a branch of the Fire Department in most American states. If this is true this would explain the Fire Departments presents at the house.

Yes, in the bigger localities, every fire station has emergency medical technicians on staff and firemen are on the job 24/7 whereas many of the rescue squads are staffed by trained volunteers. Usually, they both respond to an emergency but oft times the fire department will be there first since they are on the job already. There are many more fire stations than rescue squads so the fire departments will likely have a shorter distance to travel to the scene. In less populated areas, both the fire departments and rescue squads may be staffed by volunteers.