PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing!

neepnipper
17-Dec-09, 11:02
It's snowing here in Auckengill, coming down quite heavy at the moment!

floyed
17-Dec-09, 11:07
Ach none in Wick yet i want some snow!!:lol:

Tilly Teckel
17-Dec-09, 11:17
In Lybster, just walked my dogs in the snow! Not sticking though :(

canuck
17-Dec-09, 11:22
Bundle up, keep warm, drive carefully!

The rain is lashing down in Edinburgh. I had thought of making the journey north to join in the Org Curry Night tomorrow, but the white weather forecast has changed my mind.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Dec-09, 11:34
Snow lying here in the Borders.

Phill
17-Dec-09, 11:40
Just starting hailing here in Lybster.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
17-Dec-09, 11:49
had one sleety snowy shower in groats earlier but send it over from Auckengill PLEase............

canuck
17-Dec-09, 11:57
Bundle up, keep warm, drive carefully!

The rain is lashing down in Edinburgh. I had thought of making the journey north to join in the Org Curry Night tomorrow, but the white weather forecast has changed my mind.

Correction: The precip is now white, very white! :(

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 12:01
yay!! snowing really heavy here, im off to dig out the sledge:lol:

chocolatechip
17-Dec-09, 12:10
It's begining to stick here in my garden, I live at Lybster

changilass
17-Dec-09, 12:14
Are you in the same area as the others Brie, or is there snow in other places?

Its not you I'm stalking its the snow:lol:

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 12:22
:lol: im in Clyth just outside Lybster

changilass
17-Dec-09, 12:23
Cheers Brie, the snow cloud is obviously not moving from that general area.

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 12:26
It definately looks like theres more heading this way,its heading south by the looks of the clouds

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 13:49
i hate snow, i think the only pace it should be is on a """" christmassy card """""", as much as the bairns love it i think it stinks, cold house cold outside wet messy feet carpet in a right old mess and the heating bills go through the roof,

golach
17-Dec-09, 14:45
Correction: The precip is now white, very white! :(

It was very very white on Waverley Bridge Canuck :mad:

canuck
17-Dec-09, 17:16
It was very very white on Waverley Bridge Canuck :mad:

It looks like you are home now, all toasty warm and having a cup of tea. :)

joxville
17-Dec-09, 17:30
No snow yet here in deepest, darkest Hampshire, though it is forecast.

caithnesslad
17-Dec-09, 17:38
Latheronwheel..

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/Krystewart9/DSC00200.jpg

Bazeye
17-Dec-09, 20:58
*******STOP PRESS******

Its stopped raining in Cumbria.

mums angels
17-Dec-09, 21:08
My sister in law is currently driving up from Edinburgh and she has had snow pretty much all the way north and just got passed helmsdale before they shut ( or were going to shut) the snow gates , quite dissapointed we havn't any here in Thurso , i usually dont even like the stuff .

sintra307
17-Dec-09, 21:17
i have just had to turn around and come back to wick. a van has turned over at the braes and is being recovered its snowing a lot up there and there are lots of people in their cars waiting to get through. i still have to travel south so any updates on here would be appreciated. it took me two hours to do the return journey so beware if you try it yourself.

Rictina
17-Dec-09, 21:24
No snow in Inverness, its not fair I love the snow.

webmannie
17-Dec-09, 22:16
Came up earlier on this evening about 6, snow had just fallen and the braes were absolutely treacherous, van in front had come to dead halt wheels spinning he indicated to pass him, blinking laughed as I was no better than him, I spun past him very very very slowly. It was madness a lorry nearly side swiped me.

I also thought it strange whilst going through the town and a lassie pointed and mouthed oh my god, until i got out the car at the house and seen the amount of snow on the car!!

Stack Rock
17-Dec-09, 22:41
Just looked at the Traffic Scotland web cam for the ord - the road is black with snow on the verges

bettedaviseyes
17-Dec-09, 23:04
the snow has got bad here in fife love the snow just hate the slush afterwards:lol:

Alan16
17-Dec-09, 23:06
As quite a couple of others have said, it is snowing heavily in Edinburgh at the moment. Or at least it is down at the KB end.

DanaFlett
17-Dec-09, 23:17
Had a wee bit of hail this afternoon,but nothing since.[evil]

Alan16
17-Dec-09, 23:55
More snow in Edinburgh at the moment. And just to show how mature I am, I have just had a snowball fight. Got some pretty weird looks by an old woman walking her dog, but oh well, I'm only young once!

ShelleyCowie
18-Dec-09, 00:00
More snow in Edinburgh at the moment. And just to show how mature I am, I have just had a snowball fight. Got some pretty weird looks by an old woman walking her dog, but oh well, I'm only young once!

Yer quite right! Make e most o it cos i know i wud if there was snow here! I had e sledges oot last year. :eek: