PDA

View Full Version : Taking Things For Granted

acameron
25-Apr-06, 15:37
While I go along lifting the bins etc I go in “turn off” mode and my mind starts wandering off to other matters while I’m semi-jogging along. And my thoughts sometimes turn to what a nice place it is in Caithness and how some locals take it for granted. I myself took Thurso and Caithness for granted before I moved to Edinburgh and it was the 15 years away that made me relies that this is a great place to live.
The Caithness.org site is a great site that some people take for granted and that it is “just there”. I have been visiting this site for over 5 years and gone through 3 computers in that time. Almost every time I switch my computer on I always pop into Caithness.org to see what is happening, what new pictures is there, look up old school photos, who has been saying what on the message board, is there any of my mates in the chatroom and so much more.
It was Caithness.org who made up my mind for me to go home, when I lived in Edinburgh and when there was a new picture on, it got me more and more homesick and I was thinking, if the Caithness.org wasn’t online would I still be in Edinburgh unhappy?
I have met some fantastic people on CCWS as well, meeting them face to face and online and these people are now my friends, if Caithness.org wasn’t online would we know each other?
There is so much in Caithness.org and it is a credit to all the guys who run it, there job is far from easy and the amount of information that is put in is amazing. They have made there site something to be very proud of. And I am very proud to call myself an Orger. Thank you guys for all the work that has been done and I hope that everyone who visits regularly does not take it for granted.

Sporran
25-Apr-06, 17:59
There is so much in Caithness.org and it is a credit to all the guys who run it, there job is far from easy and the amount of information that is put in is amazing. They have made there site something to be very proud of. And I am very proud to call myself an Orger. Thank you guys for all the work that has been done and I hope that everyone who visits regularly does not take it for granted.

Yes, I must echo your sentiments, AC. We are indeed extremely lucky to have this wonderful site, and the guys who run it do a fantastic job! My day is not complete without visiting Caithness.org. I have not been home to Caithness for a number of years, unfortunately, and all my family has moved away from there. But I always feel closer to home when I visit this site. It's nice to find out what's going on in Caithness these days, and I love seeing all the photographs taken around the county. I enjoy the message board too, and have become friends with some people I might never have met, had it not been for Caithness.org. I'm also very proud to call myself an Orger! :)

saxovtr
25-Apr-06, 18:23
disagreed,its not a great place at all,i have lived here since day 1 (20 years) im not enjoying it very much!! i would rather inverness wider range of jobs,more secure jobs and just a better life down there!! just cannot see a future in caithness at all,saying that....tescos etc building up here may change things!!! going to be alot of opinions on this topic!!

peedie man
25-Apr-06, 18:29
so whats stopping you going to live in inverness then

saxovtr
25-Apr-06, 18:31
nothing thats why im going

sam
25-Apr-06, 19:05
[quote=saxovtr]disagreed,its not a great place at all

Caithness has one of the lowest crime rates & doesnt have all the drug related problems that you can find in most places south of caithness.
It has beautiful scenery and a most people are friendly. I myself am not from Caithness but can appreciate it for what it is, something some of the younger generation fail to have the abillity to do.
Fair enough it hasnt got all the great night clubs and other things that you can find further south. But all these things come with a price.
I am speaking as someone who has been brought up in the City of Glasgow and knows full well all about City life. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Getting back to what the thread is originally about the .org and the way it is run.
I think the admin do a great job one that seems to be pretty thankless at times, after all they are enabling us to keep intouch with friends & family aswell as make new friends and keep in touch with what is going on in our community.
We might not always agree with them, we dont have to we just have to abide by their rules after all its thier site:)

saxovtr
25-Apr-06, 20:17
wotever u think

Fluff
25-Apr-06, 20:32
'wotever' indeed...
i think to fully appreciate caithness, you need to move away. i am 22 and moved away at 20, and i appreciate it so much more now. it is a beautiful place to live in so many ways, it is just a pity there are not more jobs etc..

but as for taking things for granted, transport! dont know about anywhere else, but people in the south here complain about it all the time! personally, i think a train every 30mins and a bus every 7,15 or 30 mins is flippin good! makes me laugh though!

golach
25-Apr-06, 20:36
nothing thats why im going
Bye bye, like other moaners in the Org you'll will be missed by the rest of us, Aye Right!!!!!!

tisme
26-Apr-06, 13:42
Why is it whevever anyone criticises Caithness everyone has a go? I left 'home' as I still call it, 26 years ago, always with the intention of returning one day, but......... Sometimes when I go home I reaslise why I left it i.e small minded, nothing to do, everything way to slow, then there are other times when I go home that I realise why I want to return i.e everyone knows eachother, slower pace of life, which is exaclty the same as why I left it, just depends on my state of mind at the time. It's true you have to leave before you can appreciate what you had, but it isn't 'heaven on earth' if you are honest. Now I am at the stage of thinking about moving back again but the prices of the houses now are way out ma league, and the last time I was in the coopy it was like walking round billingsgate market, more English than locals, kinda hard to get my head around that. Still I digress from the thread. I do enjoy logging in everyday, just to see what's happening even if I don't always participate. Keep up the good work