PDA

View Full Version : Council Entitlements?

cherokee
07-Dec-09, 19:28
After discussion with my OH, I wonder if any other Orgers have been surprised to find that roads, turning circles or driveways have been "Adopted" by the Council ?

The reason I ask, is due to a planning application being refused for the surprising reason that:-

The land that I refer to, (written on the title deeds) no longer belonged to the family , as the road had been, " adopted by the council" !! , purely to enable them to gain access for refuse collection, and nothing else; as admitted by the council ???. [evil][evil]

Has anyone on here had similar dealings with Wick Council ?

Leanne
07-Dec-09, 19:35
Grrr they wont even come and collect ours (despite us being at the end of a council maintained road) because we wont let them turn on our property (you should see the state they have made of our lawns and the drive!). They have said the turning at the bottom of the road isn't big enough for them so have refused to collect our rubbish. They said they had spoke with the neighbours and they had agreed that we could keep our bins at theirs and just pop down with the bags as we fill them up (still an inconvenience). So we agreed. But it turns out that the neighbours said no such thing! So now we have had no collection for 3 weeks and are getting no joy off the council.

One of the selling points of the property is that it is at the bottom of a council maintained road (rather than a dirt track like some properties we viewed) and we wouldn't have to drag our bins in all weathers. Turns out now we have to move our bins to the end of the lane which is half a mile long!

Anyways that half of the rant over! The council have a flaming cheek claiming the land - even if it is just for turning circles!

joxville
07-Dec-09, 19:44
Councils all over the country are well known for going round in circles so the o.p. comes as no surprise. :roll: