PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

porshiepoo
23-Apr-06, 08:36
I've just started tracing my deceased fathers family tree however I've laready come across a problem. My dad was adopted and although I've managed quite a good start on his natural mothers side I have no information for his natural father. All I have is his dads name, no dob, no address nothing. I have just the information that was on my dads natural birth certificate.
Any ideas?
Incidentally, all his adoptive family are long gone so I have no leads there and my mum doesn't have any clues as to his natural parents as my dad never looked into it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Rheghead
23-Apr-06, 10:07
Porshie, not wanting to teach how to suck eggs but have you tried this?

http://www.cyndislist.com/adoption.htm

good luck with you research.

porshiepoo
23-Apr-06, 10:39
Thanks Rheghead, it's looks as though it may be of some help. :Razz

marionq
24-Apr-06, 14:38
Although I have no personal experience of adoption I have been told that to lodge details with the Salvation Army is a good move. They keep some kind of register of people who are looking for other people and will make contact with the adoptive family and birth family privately to see if they want to get in touch.

You may find that your father's family don't want to follow up your lead and since this happens from time to time don't take it personally.

good luck, Marion

Oddquine
25-Apr-06, 00:02
You have a full PM box, porshiepoo! :)

When was your dad born, btw?

porshiepoo
25-Apr-06, 00:40
Have emptied my inbox.

Dad was born in 1936 in Kirkby, notts.

Fran
28-Apr-06, 23:58
there are many adoption sites and Genes Reunited/friends reunited are good sites and they also have electrol lists of years ago for different areas. Put his name on genes reunited and you may get a reply from someone who knew him.