PDA

View Full Version : Cumbria floods - appeal fund

Murdina Bug
21-Nov-09, 10:05
As an ex-resident of Cumbria I have been following the flooding news and am horrified to see places I know suffering like this. I think there are quite a few people in Caithness who have links with Cumbria through work in the nuclear industry and so thought you may be interested in donating to the appeals fund. Details below.

Anyone who would like to donate to the fund should visit: www.cumbriafoundation.org or send cheques made payable to Cumbria Community Foundation at Dovenby Hall, Dovenby, Cockermouth, Cumbria CA13 0PN.
For more information call: 01900 820827.

AN appeal has been launched to raise money for those individuals and communities affected by flooding across Cumbria.
Set up by Cumbria Community Foundation, the Cumbria Flood Recovery Appeal has already received £50,000 from Nuclear Management Partner.
General manager Graham Campbell said: “The situation in West Cumbria is unprecedented and it is vital that help arrives to those affected.”
Workington MP Tony Cunningham said he is delighted to be endorsing the fund.
He said: “Cumbria Community Foundation organised the appeal for the Carlisle floods in 2005 and have everything in place to run to ensure that funding gets to the community groups and individuals who really need the support.”
The fund will focus on providing money for individuals and families experiencing financial hardship as a result of the floods.
It will also raising money for voluntary and community organisations that are spearheading the relief work.

Bazeye
21-Nov-09, 15:53
No floods here although it has been raining all week.

Jester
22-Nov-09, 15:57
Why not raise money to build real flood defences that actually work, to prevent future suffering :confused
When people buy houses in these areas they know they are in a risk of flooding area - as found in your searches, and when insuring your buildings. The people interviewed on TV all compared their experiences to past floods :roll:.

BINBOB
22-Nov-09, 15:57
Did Elgin get a visit from Gordon Brown??Did Elgin get the promise of £ 100000....Do not think so.

However,I sympathise with all that have suffered no matter where.......can not imagine what it must be like.:(

Bazeye
23-Nov-09, 13:40
In the same week Gordon Brown promised £1,000,000 to the Cumbrian flood aid £293,000,000 was given away in foreign aid. Sums this Government up.

Bazeye
23-Nov-09, 14:56
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46763000/jpg/_46763330_wkjex_525574_de46.jpg

Bazeye
23-Nov-09, 14:57
The bridge in Workington where the Police officer drowned.

Bazeye
23-Nov-09, 18:16
If you must. You just got back from the pub, same as me?

Bazeye
24-Nov-09, 18:27
Ha, nice one riggerboy. You delete your posts so it looks like Im talking to myself.:lol: