PDA

View Full Version : Actor Edward Woodward dies at 79

Kevin Milkins
16-Nov-09, 17:21
Another one of the greats has passed on. :(

bekisman
16-Nov-09, 17:30
Ewar Woowar has gone; liked him a lot....

Fluff
16-Nov-09, 18:02
I have just read this on BBC news. Such a good actor, I remember watching The Wicker Man on TV when I was little and really enjoying it.

trix
16-Nov-09, 18:29
I remember watching The Wicker Man on TV when I was little and really enjoying it.

aw, ats ma favourite film! seen 'e newer version wi nicolas cage, no a patch on 'e real thing.

rest in peace eddie :(

Kenn
16-Nov-09, 20:12
Sorry to read that he has gone, along with the many television series in which he starred, he was a great shakesperian actor too, there are few with the range of talents that he had.

Mik.M.
16-Nov-09, 20:21
I liked him in Common as muck (BBC TV drama). Was he married to Michelle Dotrice? (Ooh Betty) RIP.:(

BINBOB
16-Nov-09, 21:18
He was...and bless him.R .I.P.:(

northener
16-Nov-09, 21:53
Ewar Woowar has gone; liked him a lot....

When I used to fight in the British Civil War re-enactments (Sealed Knot), the Ewar Woowar joke was one of the standard rallying cries shouted out amongst the massed armoured ranks of the Western Associaton (Roundheads) Pike Brigade.

I can still see and hear 80 armoured pikemen (full of beer and attitude) advancing upon the Royalist Army shouting "EWAR WOOWAR!!"

God rest ya, Ewar. You will live on, on many battlefieds, I'm sure.:Razz

neepnipper
16-Nov-09, 22:22
I used to enjoy watching him in 'Th Equaliser', he came in the village bakery where I used to work, he was a real gentleman. RIP

golach
16-Nov-09, 22:25
I liked him best of all in Callan, RIP

Amy-Winehouse
16-Nov-09, 22:31
RIP the Equaliser

Great actor

tonkatojo
16-Nov-09, 22:36
I used to enjoy watching him in 'Th Equaliser', he came in the village bakery where I used to work, he was a real gentleman. RIP

Aye that was a great prog, he played with a character called " lonely " can't' remember his real name though.
Was it in black and white ??.

ciderally
16-Nov-09, 23:00
sad news..I liked him

golach
16-Nov-09, 23:04
Aye that was a great prog, he played with a character called " lonely " can't' remember his real name though.

That was Russell Hunter, sadly he has also passed on, also aged 79

joxville
16-Nov-09, 23:10
That's Callan you're thinking of, Russell Hunter played 'Lonely'

They've both now been equalised by their maker.

tonkatojo
17-Nov-09, 00:26
That's Callan you're thinking of, Russell Hunter played 'Lonely'

They've both now been equalised by their maker.

Aye and Golach says they were both the same age , weird eh.

The wife says you are right it was Callan, Was it in black n white ???

Moonboots
17-Nov-09, 11:25
I cant remember it being in black and white...

Dog-eared
17-Nov-09, 22:11
RIP a very good actor . His obituaries in the papers did him proud, especially the more detailed ones. He was a great stage actor as well as his screen work.
His part as Callan was a favourite, and I recently watched " The Wicker Man " all the way through , and loved the mood of the film and his acting.
Cheers for the reminder Trix. :)