PDA

View Full Version : Tiffin

Sunflower
15-Nov-09, 17:43
Hi

Has anyone got a recipe for Tiffin?

I've tried the internet for recipes, but none of them taste anywhere near as good as Johnston's.

Thanks in advance

:D

Hoida
16-Nov-09, 16:36
This is actually my recipe for truffles and I add a few glace cherries and a few sultanas and put it in a square tin you can try it. I do it in microwave and measure nothing so here's hoping it works for you.
Melt 2ozs butter in a large bowl,
Add a large tin condensed milk and pop in microwave for 90seconds
Add 3 heaped tablespoons of cocoa and 3 heaped tablespoons of coconut
Wash and chop a few glace cherries, add a few sultanas
Crush about 8ozs of chocolate digestives and add to mixture until a firm consistency is reached.
Put into a greased square tin and allow to cool then cover with melted chocolate and cut into slices. I use better quality chocolate for top. It can work out quite expensive but just cut it in to smaller pieces and enjoy.

Hoida
16-Nov-09, 17:36
This is actually my recipe for truffles and I add a few glace cherries and a few sultanas and put it in a square tin you can try it. I do it in microwave and measure nothing so here's hoping it works for you.
Melt 2ozs butter in a large bowl,
Add a large tin condensed milk and pop in microwave for 90seconds
Add 3 heaped tablespoons of cocoa and 3 heaped tablespoons of coconut
Wash and chop a few glace cherries, add a few sultanas
Crush about 8ozs of chocolate digestives and add to mixture until a firm consistency is reached.
Put into a greased square tin and allow to cool then cover with melted chocolate and cut into slices. I use better quality chocolate for top. It can work out quite expensive but just cut it in to smaller pieces and enjoy.
Sorry forgot to add a few drops of vanilla essence

Sunflower
17-Nov-09, 23:45
Thanks for that, I look forward to trying your recipe.
:)

Hoida
18-Nov-09, 12:58
Maybe use cake crumbs instead of crushed biscuits for a softer texture