PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

sunshine23
03-Nov-09, 21:28
I read in here from time to time about people running over cats and leaving them on the road to become a total unbearable sight for the owners and their children. A driver ran over two cats in the Janetstown area early one Saturday. The two cats were chasing each other and the driver hit both cats, killing them instantly. I just wanted to say thank you to who ever it was (a person that was walking in the area at the time) that was kind enough to remove the cats, someone's pets, off the road and put them to the side of the road. As sad as this is, it was better for the owners of the cats because it was on the road directly near their homes and as a result of this good samaritan, the owners were able to see their precious cats in a very reasonalbe state to say their goodbyes and bury them. Please, if you are unfortunate to hit an animal on the road, please remove them off the road if it is safe to do so. It is for the better of everyone, even yourself, if you have a conscience.

Phoenix200416
04-Nov-09, 14:33
Hear hear. We said. Its not a nice thing to see. Even when its not your cat. Good on the good samaritan for moving them to the side of the road. Kudos to you mate! Nice to see that some people have a bit of respect for the loss of someone's beloved pets.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

porshiepoo
04-Nov-09, 18:35
There's not many people who would do that.
I remember seeing a recently killed cat on the main A99 outside Thurso a couple of years ago. I couldn't leave it there to be found by the owners so I turned the car around and went back. I intended to just place it on the grass verge but the thought of some young child seeing it made me feel really bad, so I then went up the nearest lane and knocked on everyones door until I found the owner and could warn them.

Well done to everyone who does this sort of thing.

unicorn
04-Nov-09, 18:45
There are some thoughtful people still around, so there is hope for us yet :D

Loraine
04-Nov-09, 19:58
Several years ago I witnessed a cat being ran over in a town while I was walking along the pavement. It was a van that ran it over and the driver didn't stop and neither did the next few cars that also ran over it (though they may not have realized anything was there til it was too late). Thankfully there was then a gap in the traffic and the next man kindly stopped his car and moved the cat over to the pavement. I then noticed it was a friend's cat and had to go and tell her the awful news. Poor thing was still a kitten - only about 6 months old. :~(
Anyway I'm still grateful to that nice man who took the time to stop and move the dead cat off the road. It only takes a minute and can make all the difference to an owner......

Liz
05-Nov-09, 23:21
It is so good to know that there are kind souls who will treat the very sad death of an animal with such respect and kindness.
I am sure it must bring great comfort to the owner(s) to know that someone cared enough to do this.

Even if it is a stray who no one will mourn it is so good that someone cared enough to move them off the road.