PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting into the org?

unicorn
30-Oct-09, 20:38
Is anyone else having problems getting into the forum? The last few days I get internet explorer cannot display and if I clear cookies etc I will sometimes get in but tonight I was hours couldn't get in but it seems forum was not down as others were posting.
Is it an org problem or my end?

chuckie
30-Oct-09, 20:45
Its not just you, I have been having the same problem through Internet Explorer, I can only get on if I go through my broadband provider site Aol.

rich
30-Oct-09, 20:50
I have to identify myself each time before I get in. But I'm used to not getting in to places!

hell raizer
30-Oct-09, 21:11
same here, i've been having problems getting into the Org since weeks :(

unicorn
30-Oct-09, 21:14
Just happened again, I clicked new posts got internet explorer message googled caithness.org clicked free stuff got straight in hmmmmmmmmm [disgust]

golach
30-Oct-09, 21:21
I keep pressing the refresh button and get in that way

oldmarine
31-Oct-09, 18:47
Is anyone else having problems getting into the forum? The last few days I get internet explorer cannot display and if I clear cookies etc I will sometimes get in but tonight I was hours couldn't get in but it seems forum was not down as others were posting.
Is it an org problem or my end?

My experience has shown that 'cookies' on your computer can make a difference.

unicorn
31-Oct-09, 20:20
Refresh is working but I should not have to be clearing my cookies every time I try to get in surely?

cuddlepop
31-Oct-09, 20:24
Refresh is working but I should not have to be clearing my cookies every time I try to get in surely?

Is this the only site you problems have getting on?
I dont appear to have any problems just now.:confused

unicorn
31-Oct-09, 20:36
Yes it is, only here thats a problem.

cuddlepop
31-Oct-09, 20:43
Yes it is, only here thats a problem.

need to pass this on to the "professional" where's Bobonovich hiding?:lol:

unicorn
31-Oct-09, 20:45
Hubby says when he tries on his pc he has issues also, but thats no help I suppose as same modem. Took him 9 attempts.

Rheghead
01-Nov-09, 14:23
I usually use Mozilla Firefox and I cannot even get the caithness.org homepage now let alone the forum now using firefox. I'm using AOL browser now, but not happy because I'm not able to get on certain sites using that so I feel I'm being slowly cut off from the internet. Having to swap browsers all the time as Firefox has all my up-to-date links on it.:~( I've changed nothing so just bamboozled again.

unicorn
01-Nov-09, 14:39
I am glad it's not just me then.

Green_not_greed
02-Nov-09, 13:46
FYI I have the same problem both with IE and Safari. No solution found so far. Have PM'd one of the moderators asking for advice.

GNG

Bobinovich
02-Nov-09, 15:46
Have had a few customers - many on AOL - who are having problems accessing websites, the Org included, through a variety of browsers. One of these I have bought back to my workshop, plugged into my network and immediately had no problems accessing any site I tried.

Although I cannot rule out problems with their PCs it seems dubious that they've all fallen foul of the same problem, so I suggest calling of AOL to get them to investigate - if enough people query it they *should* to do something :roll:

Metalattakk
02-Nov-09, 15:48
The Thurso exchange is reported as having some difficulties with Virtual Paths:

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Thurso&exact=2147&plugin=vp

Laughably, the ETA for a fix is 2 weeks ago. :D

Not sure how that might account for people outwith the Thurso area having difficulties though. :(

Aaldtimer
02-Nov-09, 16:26
I'm on AOL and had problems on Sat evening and early hours of Sun morning logging on to the .org. Tried IE as well but couldn't get it there either at the same times. Was back to normal Sun pm and since. Puzzling, as no bother with any other sites.:confused

ShelleyCowie
02-Nov-09, 16:29
Im with BT and have never had problems getting on to the org. :confused

unicorn
02-Nov-09, 16:32
I am O2 but it definately seems like there is a problem somewhere as too many people having same problem.

dragonfly
02-Nov-09, 17:21
I can't get access from home either thought it was everyone until I saw people had been posting over the weekend while looking at the internet at work today.

I'm on AOL and can access every other website that I go to with no problems so don't think its an issue with AOL.

Message I get is it can't find a DNS entry for caithness.org :confused

hope it gets sorted soon as I have missed a few PMs that were sent to me and I'm not supposed to access this from work :eek:

unicorn
02-Nov-09, 17:32
I am getting homepage ok today but have to refresh anywhere from 4 to 20 times to get forum :eek:

Niall Fernie
02-Nov-09, 17:49
There still seems to be a few DNS problems between some users and the new server, these should settle down as various DNS servers update. We are also getting some more storage installed and that will cause a little down time and possible dns issues again for a short while. We should be back on full power in the next couple of days.

Thanks for everyone's patience over the last wee while and hopefully it won't have to be stretched much further.

unicorn
02-Nov-09, 18:07
So throwing the laptop out the window won't help :eek: [lol]

Stefan
02-Nov-09, 18:09
I can't get to any of the business pages. Anybody else ?
Looking for houses to rent and can't access the page.

cuddlepop
02-Nov-09, 18:14
I can't get to any of the business pages. Anybody else ?
Looking for houses to rent and can't access the page.

I cant either so its not your settings.:confused

unicorn
02-Nov-09, 18:19
I got into business index but had to keep pressing refresh.

Bill Fernie
02-Nov-09, 22:32
Unfortunately due to another tech prob I cannot update the front page and the web site at the moment. May be a couple of days until fixed.

Apologies for all the probs

I niavely thought the web site transfer would be easy.....

canuck
02-Nov-09, 22:55
Bill, just make yourself some Orkney Fudge Cheesecake. Then sit back and let all your worries slip away. The world will right itself! :)

golach
03-Nov-09, 00:56
WHOOPEEE!!!! I can get back on with no bother [lol]

trix
03-Nov-09, 16:33
i cana get in at'all, since thursday nite an its crackin me up!!! :~(:~(

i hope i get on soon...missin ye's people....

unicorn
03-Nov-09, 19:11
It has taken me hours to get in today.............:(

cuddlepop
03-Nov-09, 19:57
It has taken me hours to get in today.............:(

What I cant understand is why we're not all affected.:confused

Green_not_greed
04-Nov-09, 09:51
None of our family can access the .org from any computer on the home network, though we can access it from work. That covers 3 operating systems and at least 3 browsers. None of us have any problems in access anything else on the web. Our ISP provider is AOL, as is the case with many of the posters above.

I was wondering if by some chance the AOL IP addresses are being locked out by the new .org server??????

GNG

golach
04-Nov-09, 10:12
I am having intermittent connection problems, but I am with Sky Broadband, I just have worked out I can get in by using the refresh button repeatedly, its frustrating. [disgust]

Rheghead
04-Nov-09, 11:12
I was wondering if by some chance the AOL IP addresses are being locked out by the new .org server??????

GNG

Possibly but I have a different problem, my AOL browser is the only one accepted by the org and yet when I use IE7 or Firefox then it just says site not found. :confused :confused

unicorn
04-Nov-09, 16:41
This is the first I have managed to get in today :confused

trix
04-Nov-09, 17:11
last nite i got in by googlin, then hittin 'free stuff' someone mentioned it previously....

let me thro rite awie but then della got wise til me an stopped me in ma tracks.

widna let me in efter 'at tho i could go back pages.

when i press home i get 'e front page but when i click forum, computer says ugh ugh :(

hell raizer
04-Nov-09, 21:04
i'm still having problems, this is the first time i've managed to get in today :confused

Allsorts
04-Nov-09, 21:37
This is the first time i have managed to get on in days. I thought the whole site was down but realise that others have been able to get on sob sob

dragonfly
06-Nov-09, 07:54
not me!! I'm still getting page cannot be displayed or something similar!! never mind off on hols soon so hopefully be fixed by time I get back

Angela
06-Nov-09, 10:36
I use a local ISP and have never had any problem with them. I'm having no difficulty with any other sites.

My browser's Safari.

I've been struggling to get onto the Org for several days -the problem's intermittent but I have to try on and off all day long to eventually strike lucky and get in! :roll::(

golach
06-Nov-09, 10:49
I have discovered that if I gently keep pressing the refresh button, I get connected, not happened last night or this morning.

trix
06-Nov-09, 17:54
I have discovered that if I gently keep pressing the refresh button, I get connected, not happened last night or this morning.

am lek ye, softly softly catch a monkey :lol:

no hevin half as much trouble getin in, refresh....try again....home page...(all gently)

if all fails. google then free stuff.

last nite efter i got kicked oot, i got back in by hittin 'e side button on ma web address bar (gently) an scrollin doon til it wis 'e forum cp...(or somethin)

da ken, am in anyway an it feels guid til be home :cool:

i thot i wis never gona get in again - lek iver!! :eek:

unicorn
08-Nov-09, 14:51
Well I assumed the forum was down yesterday after lunchtime as no chance of getting in and tried regularly all day and night, I see posts though so it wasn't.

onlyme
09-Nov-09, 13:21
Have these problems been resolved yet had no access at home since 31st
which is pretty poor show

unicorn
10-Nov-09, 16:06
No it seems not I seem to get in once every couple of days now :roll:

Green_not_greed
10-Nov-09, 17:56
No it seems not I seem to get in once every couple of days now :roll:

I noticed that after I got married.......;)

I still can't access the org homepage or forum from home. GRRRRRRRRR!

Rheghead
10-Nov-09, 22:02
I can get intermittent access on Firefox today, first for quite a few days now. Some graphics fail to show but it does work if I keep refreshing page.

spaceddaisy
10-Nov-09, 22:05
I'm not having problems with the forums but I'm struggling to get onto the property pages- any ideas why?

Green_not_greed
10-Nov-09, 23:28
Aha!

Finally managed to get in to the forum from home after a brazilian attempts. (Its a big number used by George Bush....).

I have saved the new access page in my favourites and removed the old one. Tonight at least, repeat access from the new "favourite" has worked.

Here's hoping....

GNG

Stefan
11-Nov-09, 13:32
I'm not having problems with the forums but I'm struggling to get onto the property pages- any ideas why?

I still can't access them neither. Been over a week now.... pretty bad because I am house hunting !

oldmarine
11-Nov-09, 17:21
I am among the fortunates. I never have any trouble getting on to the ORG. My ISP appears to be working quite well all the way from Tucson, Arizona USA.

dragonfly
15-Nov-09, 13:34
came back from hols, tried logging on and got same error message as before. Hubby logged onto his laptop, got access straight away, both using same isp and wi-fi link, difference is I was using IE he's using Firefox as browser.

I downloaded Firefox and presto, instant access again

Rheghead
15-Nov-09, 13:41
I ran a program to get rid of all junk files on pc and it appears that Firefox is working perfectly now.

tonkatojo
15-Nov-09, 13:46
came back from hols, tried logging on and got same error message as before. Hubby logged onto his laptop, got access straight away, both using same isp and wi-fi link, difference is I was using IE he's using Firefox as browser.

I downloaded Firefox and presto, instant access again

I came back after a weeks holiday, the org loaded first time next day nowt the same for 6 days nowt, I have firefox and IE it was the same on both nowt, tried this morning and hey presto it's worked first time, fingers crossed it will be the same tomorrow LOL.

I still think it has something to do with the server changeover, everything seems to be working faster now as well. (inc adverts)

Niall Fernie
15-Nov-09, 13:53
The DNS problems we were having should now be fixed and access for all should be resumed.

It may take up to 48 hrs for all ISPs to update their DNS servers but after that all should be well.

Mr P Cannop
15-Nov-09, 16:38
the business pages still have probs

Vistravi
15-Nov-09, 19:39
I've had problems untill my partner updated my laptop from xp to windows 7 and i had to reinstall everything. Its brilliant having instant access again :D