PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Oddquine
30-Oct-09, 00:31
Is it just me...........or is anyone else getting immensely irritated at being thrown onto Facebook when they come on to the org via the home page?

Leanne
30-Oct-09, 00:48
It doesn't do that to me... I wish it did as FB is how I keep in touch with all my family with photos and videos :)

Oddquine
30-Oct-09, 00:56
If it doesn't do it to you..pretty please tell me how to stop it happening to me on firefox.

I'm on facebook, but I don't want to go there every time I'm trying to access the org.

Venture
30-Oct-09, 01:12
It dosen't happen with me and I'm on Firefox too. Try bookmarking the general forum page, that way you can bypass the home page.

Moira
30-Oct-09, 01:17
Try complaining to Firefox or altering your priority settings. I have Firefox as a secondary browser and have no problem.

trix
30-Oct-09, 03:37
i hev a facebook account an a whole lot o' people that i da really ken wants til be ma friend....

i da really ken fit its all aboot :confused

i get curries sent til me (via cyberspace) that i da even get til eit, an' get roses an ither flooers too...but i still da really 'e get 'e whole thing!!

whats it all aboot?

i wis niver a bebo'er, cos ye hev til tell people all aboot yersel...an put pictures on aboot what yer getin up til [para] an who yer friends are...an stuff.

na, i choost da really get'ed....am an orger...an stan' PROUD ;)

achingale
30-Oct-09, 11:07
Oddquine, I am on Facebook and have Firefox but this des not happen to me either. I wish I could tell you how to stop it happening but I am not very good with computers. I can only surf and use Word! lol

Rheghead
30-Oct-09, 11:30
Me neither and I've got the Facebook addon for Firefox.:confused

Margaret M.
30-Oct-09, 14:23
There must be something quirky in your system, Oddquine. Like some others, I use both but have not had that problem.

Oddquine
30-Oct-09, 14:31
Made my link to the org on the forum rather than the home page..so no more problems.

Think it must be something to do with my settings then, because it isn't just on the org home page but a couple of other sites I use for research and which have a facebook presence.

Looks as if I'm going to have to dig into the :about if I can't find the solution anywhere else.

oldmarine
30-Oct-09, 15:11
Is it just me...........or is anyone else getting immensely irritated at being thrown onto Facebook when they come on to the org via the home page?

People are not thrown onto Facebook. They have to volunteer for it. I volunteered and have been on Facebook for quite a spell. My whole family is on Facebook. My wife, all of my children, many relatives and many friends and acquaintenances. There is a procedure for removing one's self from Facebook, but too lengthy for me to publish here.

silverfox57
30-Oct-09, 16:06
having be on facebook for a short time ,was surprised to find lots of
very nice orgers on facebook,find it nice to chat to with a face i know instead of
a user name i dont know,

Oddquine
02-Nov-09, 16:37
People are not thrown onto Facebook. They have to volunteer for it. I volunteered and have been on Facebook for quite a spell. My whole family is on Facebook. My wife, all of my children, many relatives and many friends and acquaintenances. There is a procedure for removing one's self from Facebook, but too lengthy for me to publish here.

Sorry.......didn't mean thrown on as in forced to join. I am on Facebook already.

I meant that when I went onto the homepage and clicked on the messageboard, I was redirected to facebook. Luckily, it opens a new tab rather than opens in the same tab....... but I had to close it and click again on the messageboard to get to it.

Nothing drastic...just nuisance value.