PDA

View Full Version : Past Glories?

PantsMAN
27-Oct-09, 20:25
Landmarker, Fed-ex, DW, Carlo Gambino, Bingobabe, Willowbankbear, Percy Toboggan, tillygirl, sjwahwah, and then there was also Dr Szin.

History is interesting......... some of the old threads are a true revelation.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Oct-09, 20:35
Pantsman thats what the wizardy old world of the org is about.Future or Past the threads will arrive.The posters ye have quoted are org legends,never forgotten.:lol::lol:

joxville
27-Oct-09, 23:38
Has it occured to you that ex-orgers could have come back under new names?

changilass
27-Oct-09, 23:42
lol Jox, if that hasn't occured to anyone then it certainly won't have occured that some of those names were the same person lol.

joxville
28-Oct-09, 00:14
I was thinking of quitting and re-joining as Villejox, no-one will know it's really me.......oops, too late now. :eek:

Rheghead
28-Oct-09, 01:49

Well I was at least 4 of those.:D

Niall Fernie
28-Oct-09, 08:20

I could always merge the new accounts of some of those you list with their old ones, like yourself, that might be more interesting.

riggerboy
28-Oct-09, 08:46
I could always merge the new accounts of some of those you list with their old ones, like yourself, that might be more interesting.

the mighty and great one knows and sees all,

all hail the master lol

theres is no corner to hide on the org

"" no offence intended or implied ""

PantsMAN
28-Oct-09, 13:05

I'm sure I don't know to what you are alluding? :roll:

BINBOB
28-Oct-09, 13:38

They are not allowed to do that,it is against the rules!!;)

Venture
28-Oct-09, 17:47
They are not allowed to do that,it is against the rules!!;)

Dosen't seem to be the case BINBOB.

Very interesting indeed.;)

BINBOB
28-Oct-09, 18:16
[quote=Venture;613458]Dosen't seem to be the case BINBOB.

Well,that is what I was told by the boss when I wanted to change to another name.........;)

unicorn
28-Oct-09, 18:20
Well I think you can see as well as the rest of us what the boss is saying, seems they are still about.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Oct-09, 18:41

Course they do.:lol::lol:Sometimes orgers speak face to face outside a computer screen.(shock,horror!!!!)

ciderally
28-Oct-09, 19:12
I bet.......:roll:

JAWS
29-Oct-09, 03:51
"Oh what a tangled web they weave when first they stumble to deceive" is very true of some of them - and many more as well. :eek:

PantsMAN
29-Oct-09, 09:21
"Oh what a tangled web they weave when first they stumble to deceive" is very true of some of them - and many more as well. :eek:

Wow, postus profundus Jaws!

Cod latin - a speciality :D

Bazeye
29-Oct-09, 19:24
Well I was at least 4 of those.:D

Hows your hip Percy?

Moira
30-Oct-09, 00:08
Wow, postus profundus Jaws!

Cod latin - a speciality :D

If JAWS got a bite I hope it was on haddock rather than cod.
I'd no idea that Cod latin was a speciality. What about haddock?

Moira
01-Nov-09, 01:08
Landmarker, Fed-ex, DW, Carlo Gambino, Bingobabe, Willowbankbear, Percy Toboggan, tillygirl, sjwahwah, and then there was also Dr Szin.

Are you going to expand on the Past Glories? :confused

PantsMAN
01-Nov-09, 12:30
Are you going to expand on the Past Glories? :confused

How expand?

I rather thought other folk might have something to say - seems to have
been working so far.

Moira
01-Nov-09, 18:58
I was referring to the title of your thread. The "Past" bit I understand but the "Glories" bit I don't.

That's OK, there are many things I don't understand. Thanks for the reply in any case. :)

PantsMAN
01-Nov-09, 19:47
I was referring to the title of your thread. The "Past" bit I understand but the "Glories" bit I don't.

That's OK, there are many things I don't understand. Thanks for the reply in any case. :)

Well, you see, there have been one or two threads recently alluding to the wonderful quality of posts in the past as opposed to the turgid, boring content we are inflicted with at times.

I wanted to people to re-examine the 'old days' to see if they really were that amazing?

northener
01-Nov-09, 19:53
Well, you see, there have been one or two threads recently alluding to the wonderful quality of posts in the past as opposed to the turgid, boring content we are inflicted with at times.

I wanted to people to re-examine the 'old days' to see if they really were that amazing?

No different really, IMO.

It's the same chant that is heard on forums across the globe, it's happening at the moment on my 'other' forum.....

But we have lost some posters who were interesting/controversial/ thought-provoking or just plain bonkers.

Moira
01-Nov-09, 21:53
Well, you see, there have been one or two threads recently alluding to the wonderful quality of posts in the past <snip>
Well, that makes it clearer for me. Why on earth didn't you just say that to begin with?

In answer I would agree with Northener to a certain extent.

No different really, IMO.
It's the same chant that is heard on forums across the globe <snip>
But we have lost some posters who were interesting/controversial/ thought-provoking or just plain bonkers.

I would also add that forums, like life and people, move on. There are now many more sub-forums on Caithness dot Org since I joined, requested by the members and agreed and set up by the Admin.

We are being bombarded daily (and I am not referring to the forums in particular) by the PC brigade and the spelling, grammar & thought Police.

To summarise PantsMAN and to afford you the courtesy of the most honest reply I can give you, I would say that maybe there were more quality posts/debates a few years ago. That is certainly the way I remember it although I did not contribute to any of the serious debates myself but I enjoyed reading (and learning) from (some of) them.

I've posted some rubbish too as I am sure you will remember if your past-life-regression went to plan. ;)

Let's remember the past with affection or whatever and move on.....

Alice in Blunderland
01-Nov-09, 22:08
Percys hip is fine infact hes got two new ones.

His tongue is still the same although I would say age is mellowing him :eek: :lol: I chat on his forum with him. :Razz

I do miss his post on here as he could fairly set a debate going.

I would say that the forum has moved on and some of the past posters were good at debates.

Ahhh the good old days.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-Nov-09, 22:18
Past Glories.Man,theres a change a coming.Right here we go,I know of four orgers on this place,who are younger than me.Their posts are fantastic,they have only been posting for a couple of years or less.They have shown more maturity in their posts than some with a more maturer distinction.This place goes on.Its in good young hands.:)

Moira
03-Nov-09, 23:59
Younger than you Cedric???? Oh my goodness, that means they must be in their teens and my time here is over. :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Nov-09, 00:12
Younger than you Cedric???? Oh my goodness, that means they must be in their teens and my time here is over. :lol:

Yer time here is over,Moira.[lol]Next I'll be seeing ye flying up the Cliff,wi the heid scarf on wi yer shades driving yer Lambourghini.

The org is in very good hands.Always has been,always will.:)

Amy-Winehouse
10-Nov-09, 16:01
;):D intersting lol wonder were they could have gone :lol:

golach
10-Nov-09, 19:30
:D intersting lol wonder were they could have gone :lol:

who cares? [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Nov-09, 22:19
;):D intersting lol wonder were they could have gone :lol:

If ye take a left at the Literature section theres a big blue door,wi THE BANNED written on it in big red letters.I opened the door,peeked in and know whit I saw?

Amy-Winehouse
11-Nov-09, 13:46
who cares? [lol]

Very nice :roll: