PDA

View Full Version : Need a Name for a TV series ??

cherokee
26-Oct-09, 18:45
Really need to know the name of a mini TV series (drama/murder), before it drives me nuts !!! :mad::mad:

All I remember is that it was shown round about 1979/82, it involved a murder and was based around water of some sort - ie - canal/river/sea !

The main character was female and i think the title was of a French origin - but only the title..... it was a British based series, and again I think, it only ran for a few episodes, culminating in the outcome ?

I have a feeling that it was single word title and maybe began with M or N......

Help, - I'm going crazy here trying to remember what the programme/series was ????

Any (serious???) help guys/girls ??

Rheghead
26-Oct-09, 19:09
Triangle?:confused

The lead character was done by Kate o'mara.

cherokee
26-Oct-09, 19:33
Ta Rheghead,

But no, thats not it !!!

Rheghead
26-Oct-09, 19:49
Another wild stab:D

Van der Valk? Lots of murders on boats around Amsterdam.

cherokee
26-Oct-09, 20:06
Thanx again Rheghead..

But no - it was definetley a "mini" series.

Thanks for your ideas tho, much appreciated !

I really am quite desperate to know what this programme was called - as soon as someone says the name then i'll be like - YEEEEEHAHHHH -!!!

BIG "reps" for anyone who can help ?

Rheghead
26-Oct-09, 20:17
Can you remember anyone that was in it?

zeppellin
26-Oct-09, 20:52
Really need to know the name of a mini TV series (drama/murder), before it drives me nuts !!! :mad::mad:

All I remember is that it was shown round about 1979/82, it involved a murder and was based around water of some sort - ie - canal/river/sea !

The main character was female and i think the title was of a French origin - but only the title..... it was a British based series, and again I think, it only ran for a few episodes, culminating in the outcome ?

I have a feeling that it was single word title and maybe began with M or N......

Help, - I'm going crazy here trying to remember what the programme/series was ????

Any (serious???) help guys/girls ??
Was it flambards?

golach
26-Oct-09, 20:56
Howards Way??

zeppellin
26-Oct-09, 20:58
Poldark.!!!

teddybear1873
26-Oct-09, 20:59
Porridge.........ach wrong again.

veekay
26-Oct-09, 21:08
Take a look at www.televisionheaven.co.uk (http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk) might help

Sandra_B
26-Oct-09, 21:08
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0290972/

cherokee
26-Oct-09, 21:53
THANK YOU Sandra B

That was exactly the programme name I was looking for

"MAELSTROM "

So sorry to have maybe misled others by saying it was a French Title, but all I could remember was it definetely wasn't "English" (per se!!)

I was obviously way out of date with the year as well, in which it was shown ... 1985 !!!!

Anyways, just goes to prove my ignorance, but thanks so much to everyone who wracked their brains on my (stupidly false !!:o) information

Many thanks all - now I can sleep peacefully tonight !!!!

cherokee
26-Oct-09, 22:13
Extra thanks to "Veekay"

I ran through that list quite a few times - obviously without success, cos of my (unintentional) misleading information!

But the fact that you, and others on this forum went to so much bother for me is massively appreciated !!

Maybe I'll get the chance to do the same for you all, one day ....:)

veekay
27-Oct-09, 20:39
There is not a lot worse than having a programme/song/person - well you know the sort of thing - in your head and not being able to get the answer thats is one of the best things about the Org. the answer is always out there!