PDA

View Full Version : Dental bridge

BINBOB
14-Oct-09, 21:13
Has anyone had a dental bridge done ???If so,how much did it cost???Sorry for being so nosey.;)

Stack Rock
14-Oct-09, 22:21
The better half had this done locally over 6 years ago.
Are you sitting down? £450
AND - The treatment wasn't very pleasant.

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 00:28
The better half had this done locally over 6 years ago.
Are you sitting down? £450
AND - The treatment wasn't very pleasant.

OK...Thank u for that....I may need one ...;)

mop top
15-Oct-09, 10:20
Just had temporary fitting done last week going back to get it finished next week estimate was £645! it was a 3 part bridge to replace one tooth!
Just hoping its not dearer than the estimate!

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 12:44
Just had temporary fitting done last week going back to get it finished next week estimate was £645! it was a 3 part bridge to replace one tooth!
Just hoping its not dearer than the estimate!

WOW..........that is expensive....it sounds just like what I will need.I still have a milk tooth which is now causing problems,so think it needs to go.
I do have dental insurance which will cover most of the cost..thank goodness.

Thank u for letting me know.;)

badger
15-Oct-09, 15:52
I've been quoted £1,000 and I know my insurance only gives me back about 1/3 of what I pay out - so, like many other people these days, I have a gap. Luckily not right in front.

Dentistry in the UK is completely out of control.

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 16:04
I've been quoted £1,000 and I know my insurance only gives me back about 1/3 of what I pay out - so, like many other people these days, I have a gap. Luckily not right in front.

Dentistry in the UK is completely out of control.

I have to agree about dental costs being out of control...........was this quote from a local dentist..[thurso/wick]??

Bill Fernie
15-Oct-09, 18:05
If costs are reaching £1000 have you investigate the growing dental holiday scene for cheaper dentistry. It may havebeen hit by the weker pound but might still be worth a look.

Here is one link - there are many more
http://www.dentalserviceshungary.com/

or here
http://www.treatmentabroad.net/

unicorn
15-Oct-09, 18:19
Hubby had 3 bridges, 9 teeth in total done by out dentist in Turkey for about £600

Anji
15-Oct-09, 18:29
It's a sad day when we have to go abroad to get our teeth sorted!

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 18:33
If costs are reaching £1000 have you investigate the growing dental holiday scene for cheaper dentistry. It may havebeen hit by the weker pound but might still be worth a look.

or here

Thank u for this.....Hmmmm....amazing difference to uk prices.;)

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 18:36
Hubby had 3 bridges, 9 teeth in total done by out dentist in Turkey for about £600

Amazing too...........where there any problems at all???

ciderally
15-Oct-09, 18:41

or here
Is this the way to go.....looks like it , so thanks for these links:roll:

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 18:55
Perhaps we should all get together and go over for treatment EN MASSE.That would be a hoot!!!!:lol::lol:

badger
15-Oct-09, 19:52
I have to agree about dental costs being out of control...........was this quote from a local dentist..[thurso/wick]??

Thurso. I go there as dare not be without a dentist and I'm still about 3,000 down on the NHS waiting list. Probably be long past needing a dentist by the time I've climbed up that.

Thanks Bill for links - not sure I could even afford going abroad just now and anyway, we shouldn't have to! I blame the Govt. [disgust] naturally, that wretched new contract that dentists had to sign up to. Things were bad enough before but that just seemed to make it worse.

unicorn
15-Oct-09, 19:58
None whatsoever but it is not a tourist area and I go with friends I stay with. It is not as posh as here but thats fine with me everything is clean and sterile and not one problem. I got a tooth capped for £20 last time I was over. Plus I love the fact that when I get a jag it is a normal small syringe none of this giant metal thing [lol]

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 21:21
None whatsoever but it is not a tourist area and I go with friends I stay with. It is not as posh as here but thats fine with me everything is clean and sterile and not one problem. I got a tooth capped for £20 last time I was over. Plus I love the fact that when I get a jag it is a normal small syringe none of this giant metal thing [lol]

Thanx ,unicorn.:D

spend1307
15-Oct-09, 21:28
Has anyone had a dental bridge done ???If so,how much did it cost???Sorry for being so nosey.;)
hi just thought i would let you know i myelf was quoted £580 for a bridge inc extraction or £480 for a plate inc ext have to get it done its at the front :~(

BINBOB
15-Oct-09, 21:56
hi just thought i would let you know i myelf was quoted £580 for a bridge inc extraction or £480 for a plate inc ext have to get it done its at the front :~(

Thank u for this,much appreciated...seeing dentist tomorrow!!!!!;)

Liz
15-Oct-09, 22:04

Wow what a great price!

It is an awful long way to go though if you have any problems though.

Sadly, I can't travel abroad due to ill health anyway.

unicorn
15-Oct-09, 23:11
We were even invited out for a meal with him and his family after. Thats service, also when you are in the waiting room he asks if you want a cold drink and offers coke fanta etc [lol]

armanisgirl
16-Oct-09, 12:01
I haven't been on here for......don't know how long!

I got my first bridge done when I was 16, thankfully on the NHS. There was no wait to get it done, as the teeth had to be removed due to abcesses. (2 front lower teeth). I first had a plate made, but it kept snapping (I played about with it too much lol). The bridge didn't stay in for long either, as I have quite small teeth, and there wasn't enough left of the teeth at the sides for the bridge to stay cemented firmly to.

I went about for a few years with no front lower teeth, and 2 'fangs'!!! I eventually went back to a dentist, and had to get the next 2 teeth on either side prepared for the bridge to be cemented to. Again, it was on the NHS, I was pregnant at the time, so got it for free :) This bridge has stayed in place ever since. There are 6 teeth on the bridge, but only 2 are for actually replacing teeth.

I was told (last time, several years ago) that the price was around £300 per tooth if I'd had to have paid for them. This cost is probably more likely to be around £300-£500 per tooth these days. Not bad then - I have around £1800 to £3000 worth of teeth! if I had to get a new one now, I think I'd have to go abroad as I really couldn't afford to get that done these days.

As for the treatment; I don't remember it being any worse than getting my recent crown done. Uncomfortable, hated the injections, felt ever so odd having the crown, but now it feel a proper part of my mouth. I guess how the treatment goes will depend on your dentist and how much you like or hate dental treatment? But certainly worth getting done to improve the look of your set of teeth (they look very natural normally) and also to prevent further complications if you didn't get it done.

I'd quite like ALL my teeth crowned or bridged now! And hey guys, that's coming from someone who is terrified of going to the dentist!!! :lol:

wkgeorge
16-Oct-09, 12:17
Ive been told the best treatment for a front tooth would be an implant which would cost £6000 - yes £6000 - not had it done.

BINBOB
16-Oct-09, 12:24
Ive been told the best treatment for a front tooth would be an implant which would cost £6000 - yes £6000 - not had it done.

Way to expensive...I have read about other cheaper costs,but not for me.;)

BINBOB
16-Oct-09, 15:45
Well...been to dentist...am biting the bullet and going to have a bridge done...est. cost £ 720.....plus another ,almost £ 300 for other bits/bobs.

I will be glad to rid of my irritating milk tooth,though...being extracted next week.:D

sadam
21-Oct-09, 21:51
I think I can beat that one withan estimate for £740.00 that I got today, where do they get their prices ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats nearly a mths wages to them in an hour. GRR

Margaret M.
22-Oct-09, 04:26

Yikes, they're much cheaper over here. I have several and was really pleased with the process.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Oct-09, 08:17

I attend a dentist in Dingwall and he has quoted me around £1,000 for an implant that was one year ago. :) I wouldnt think his prices will have shot up to anywhere near that price. :eek:

Stingray
22-Oct-09, 09:21
Personally I would never go on a "dental holiday"! What if you get some bridge work done, fly home and then problems occur?
In the end you always get what you pay for...

ragdollyanna
22-Oct-09, 12:34
Are these prices through NHS or private can anyone tell me? I just got into the Golspie practice NHS - first dentist I've had for 17 years!!!

BINBOB
22-Oct-09, 12:59
Are these prices through NHS or private can anyone tell me? I just got into the Golspie practice NHS - first dentist I've had for 17 years!!!

They are private and as far as I know the maximum amount payable as a NHS patient is £ 372..........u are very lucky,make good use of it.Good luck.;)

ragdollyanna
22-Oct-09, 13:27
Thanks Binbob, now that I've found her, I'm never letting her go!!! I'm going to be the model dental patient!:lol:

BINBOB
22-Oct-09, 15:54
Thanks Binbob, now that I've found her, I'm never letting her go!!! I'm going to be the model dental patient!:lol:
Absolutely...;)

The Angel Of Death
23-Oct-09, 09:41
For some of the prices quoted am i along in expecting to have purchased thurso or wick bridge ?

;)

DanaFlett
24-Oct-09, 19:28
I can tell you after breaking my jaw plate,i was asked if i would consider tooth implants ay 2,500,per tooth i needed 8,i dont think so,but as for a bridge how many teeth are on the bridge i'mm getting one a bridge and it's £100 for the temp,and then £700 for the real one,hence i have not gone back to have the real one fitted yet.