PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire shortbread

nicnic74
10-Oct-09, 11:34
Anybody ken an easy recipe for millionaire shortbread

Cheers

Kathy@watten
10-Oct-09, 16:44
There is no easy or cheats way to make this shortbread, it's a scutter but worth it if you can get it hidden quickly before it evaporates into thin air.

goldenguernsey
21-Oct-09, 19:48
Have you tried using the tins of caramel instead of making it? Might save you a bit of hassle.

S&LHEN
21-Oct-09, 21:39
I crush up shortbread pieces with a rolling pin the put it in a bowl and add a blob of marge and mix it in with the shortbread crumbs once its mixed put in a tray. Then put it in the fridge for an hour and leave it.
I then use the ready made caramel you get in tins heat and pour over your shortbread. leave to cool then pour on your melted chocolate.

Easy and tastes great I sometimes change the shortbread for digestives and do the same either way it tastes good:)

nicnic74
21-Oct-09, 21:40
Have you tried using the tins of caramel instead of making it? Might save you a bit of hassle.

Did make it last week we a recipe i found, the toffee is no probs to make ( dinna lek at tins o caramel) it wiz e shortbread base that i was having the trouble with, had to make 2 lots of it the 2nd one was eatable just, need to practice making shortbread a bit more

shamrock2007
21-Oct-09, 21:44
I prefer KKK think the base is easier to make & tastes far better

sadam
25-Oct-09, 14:13
whats KKK I cant say I have heard of this or is it initials for something