PDA

View Full Version : Countdown mistake??

KILTIECAULDBUM
05-Oct-09, 16:35
Just been watching it & noticed an error, but they just kept playing? I thought I had made a mistake, but after watching it again it was an error. :eek:

In the second last letters game before the first break the contestant asked for a 'Consonant' as his last letter. The letter WAS picked from the 'Consonant' pile, but it was the letter 'E'?? :confused

I kept waiting on them picking up on it & maybe replaying that particular round, but they just kept going & no mention of it even at the end?

Anyone else notice it?

rfr10
05-Oct-09, 19:49
Just watched it on C4 on demand. Couldn't see the mistake. Are you sure it is before the first break?

KILTIECAULDBUM
05-Oct-09, 19:57
Just watched it on C4 on demand. Couldn't see the mistake. Are you sure it is before the first break?

Hi.
I missed the start, so maybe there is more than one break?

If you get to the part where Suzie Dent in dictionary corner is giving her speech on word origins, you've passed it. It is 2 letters games before she does her bit & then it was a break.

Hope that helps?

rfr10
05-Oct-09, 20:16
Got it! How could they not have noticed that. You would think someone would have a puzzled expression on their face. They certainly had plenty Es in that game.

joxville
05-Oct-09, 20:38
E bah gum, nowt wrong wi' extra 'e's lad, 'tis filmed in Yorkshire so that explains it. ;)

changilass
05-Oct-09, 20:45
You had best watch your back Jox, following that comment, the YRA will be after you.

joxville
05-Oct-09, 21:17
I'm not scared of them, with their flatcaps and black puddings....bring it on. :)

Kevin Milkins
05-Oct-09, 22:14
I'm not scared of them, with their flatcaps and black puddings....bring it on. :)

Yer, but what if they bring on the whippets,:eek: who's scared now?:lol:

Boozeburglar
05-Oct-09, 22:44
Is there any way to watch Countdown without being taken by that angel putting out the letters?

If Carol Vorderman was intellectual=i hot=h iiiiiiiiiiih this woman is hhhhhhhhhi and she is no less intellectual. Hrr hrr.

:)

tonkatojo
05-Oct-09, 22:54
Is there any way to watch Countdown without being taken by that angel putting out the letters?

If Carol Vorderman was intellectual=i hot=h iiiiiiiiiiih this woman is hhhhhhhhhi and she is no less intellectual. Hrr hrr.

:)

Vorderman used to get the sums right more often than this hottie. ;)

Alan16
05-Oct-09, 23:00
Yer, but what if they bring on the whippets...

"whippets"... 8 letters. Not bad!

Boozeburglar
05-Oct-09, 23:32
I guess my brain is being deprived of some bloodflow lately when I watch, I have all but forgotten Vorderman.. ;)