PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 wanting pin number

changilass
04-Oct-09, 22:03
the 51st State is just starting on ch4 and it has come up asking for a pin number, any one know why? Didn't thing ch4 charged for progs and can't understand wy=hy they would need the pin otherwise.

Dadie
04-Oct-09, 22:05
Have you got the parental controls on your sky box switched on?

joxville
04-Oct-09, 22:06
Dunno why it's asking Changi but thanks for telling us it's on, it's a great film, think I'll watch it too. :D

changilass
04-Oct-09, 22:08
nope just double checked that one

greenasiamcabbagelooking
04-Oct-09, 22:15
the last 4 numbers of your viewing card is usually the default pin, dunno why it's asking for it tho :confused

changilass
04-Oct-09, 22:17
I know the pin number, that aint the prpblem, I just dont want to be charged for watching sumat on ch4 and wondered why it came up as no restrictions have been set.

Alan16
05-Oct-09, 01:01
I know the pin number, that aint the prpblem, I just dont want to be charged for watching sumat on ch4 and wondered why it came up as no restrictions have been set.

An unwarranted side-effect (3 words 23 letters... Cool...) of the mass retune perhaps?

changilass
05-Oct-09, 01:03
Thought that was just set top boxes not sky plus??

Alan16
05-Oct-09, 01:10
Thought that was just set top boxes not sky plus??

No idea, I only have freeview. By the way, did you enter the pin? (I assume the film must be nearly finished by now).

changilass
05-Oct-09, 01:19
I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be hell to pay.

Metalattakk
05-Oct-09, 02:37
I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be £3.99 to pay.

Fixed your typo. No need to say thanks. ;)

ber219
05-Oct-09, 08:37
If the movie is rated has an age rating or something like that and you have parental controls switched on it will ask you for the pin number before you are allowed to view it.
We have Sky+ and when we have recorded a film that we have wanted to watch that was rated we went into our Planner to play it and it asked for the Pin number before we could watch it.
Don't worry, you won't be charged for it at all, might be worth having a read through your settings and it should stop it happening again.

ShelleyCowie
05-Oct-09, 09:38
If the movie is rated has an age rating or something like that and you have parental controls switched on it will ask you for the pin number before you are allowed to view it.
We have Sky+ and when we have recorded a film that we have wanted to watch that was rated we went into our Planner to play it and it asked for the Pin number before we could watch it.
Don't worry, you won't be charged for it at all, might be worth having a read through your settings and it should stop it happening again.

Same here, we dont have parental controls though, for sky movies anything that is a 15 or over will ask us for our pin.

Dont mind, stops the kids watching something they shouldnt when they are searching for a movie. Some movie titles they think seems ok. Example "Childs Play"

They dont know what it is.

Channel 4 has never asked me for a pin though. Just sky movies

twiglet
05-Oct-09, 09:48
Last 4 digits of your sky viewing card is the pin no. Caught me out too, lol

golach
05-Oct-09, 10:04
I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be hell to pay.
Never come across this before Changilass, I often have to put my pin number in when watching a Sky Movies channel, and I never get charged to watch these movies, you have to go to a Pay by View channel to get charged.......but strange, hope you get it sorted out.