PDA

View Full Version : Toadstools/mushroom on my lawn

Beat Bug
04-Oct-09, 12:39
Hi,

My lawns, back and front, were all new from seed last year and the year before. They were fine until now. Just back off hols and noticed a load of toadstools/mushrooms (not sure which) on one of my front lawns. It's the side where my septic tank is situated. Would this have anything to do with it? And how can I get rid of it, so it doesn't spread? Any suggestions please!

Kevin Milkins
05-Oct-09, 01:43
Hi,

My lawns, back and front, were all new from seed last year and the year before. They were fine until now. Just back off hols and noticed a load of toadstools/mushrooms (not sure which) on one of my front lawns. It's the side where my septic tank is situated. Would this have anything to do with it? And how can I get rid of it, so it doesn't spread? Any suggestions please!

There seems to be plenty of fungi about this year and if it is a bother to you I would try a very weak solution of Jeyes Fluid, (about 1 or 2 teaspoons to a watering can) and give it a light watering with that mixture.

thurso_123
06-Oct-09, 11:25
hi no need to put anything down just cal david usher he will remove every thing

Olin
09-Oct-09, 15:53
With that problem on the grass surely there isn't mush-room for much else to grow?

I had to because I am sad! lol

sassylass
13-Oct-09, 01:51
Pick them and dispose of them before the caps open. Don't just kick them over, or the spores will spread and you'll never be rid. Also rake up leaves and debris, they thrive on rottings things.

Beat Bug
25-Oct-09, 13:19
Thanks for your tip. I now pick them almost every day, and they are showing signs of deminishing! Wet weather and lots of leaves from trees doesn't help!