PDA

View Full Version : wedding dress

dirdyweeker
08-Apr-06, 01:25
Can anyone help? Where does one go to get a wedding dress cleaned? Any suggestions / recommendations welcome.

The Angel Of Death
08-Apr-06, 01:29
Wick laundry will do it i think but depending on the washing instructions they might need to send it off to get done though

No idea what there like though

Zambo
08-Apr-06, 08:50
I had mine done in Dingwall - I think the name of the shop is Pullars.

They had to send it off, as it was a dress with loads of sparkly bits on, but they did a great job. They also supply wedding dress boxes, which is great, as when you pick the dress up again, it's all professionally folded and packed away.

The price was quite reasonable, and it was ready in a week.

dirdyweeker
09-Apr-06, 20:30
Thanks for this. Will certainly give Pullars a try.

newpark
09-Apr-06, 21:02
Hi I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses all dry cleaned at the laundry opposite The Waterfront they were very good

willowbankbear
09-Apr-06, 21:25
Thanks for this. Will certainly give Pullars a try.

What do ye do with a weddding dress? Do ye use it again? Its no the sort o thing ye can wear to the camps or the central? So what do ye do with the things?:D

connieb19
09-Apr-06, 21:29
What do ye do with a weddding dress? Do ye use it again? Its no the sort o thing ye can wear to the camps or the central? So what do ye do with the things?:DI was wondering exactly the same thing..:confused:

Billy Boy
09-Apr-06, 21:31
I was wondering exactly the same thing..:confused:

sell it on ebay lol[smirk]

connieb19
09-Apr-06, 21:43
sell it on ebay lol[smirk]If I had a wedding dress, by the time I was done with it, it wouldna be fit for selling on Ebay..lol:evil

willowbankbear
09-Apr-06, 21:45
If I had a wedding dress, by the time I was done with it, it wouldna be fit for selling on Ebay..lol:evil

hows that then?

rich62_uk
09-Apr-06, 23:12
I had a pram set made out of my first one, the second one I gave away.....Trish.

Fran
10-Apr-06, 01:30
what to ddo with a wedding dress.......custom was that you would make a christening dress out of it for your first child.

dirdyweeker
10-Apr-06, 03:35
this particular wedding dress (which is not mine!) is to be borrowed by some one else for their wedding. I guess it could be classed as recycling!