PDA

View Full Version : Peace in our own House

chuckie
30-Sep-09, 20:50
Over the last few nights we have had wee hoodies hammering on our window that is closest to the street, the bang is getting harder.

The thing is how do we react, we have informed the police and but we dont have proof names etc.

We cant go out and warn them or anything with the PC world we live in.

ciderally
30-Sep-09, 21:19
call the police again....and again...and again

redeyedtreefrog
30-Sep-09, 21:48

Yes you can, it's hardly punishable. Nobody will think less of you.

Nibbler
01-Oct-09, 09:22
Yes you can, it's hardly punishable. Nobody will think less of you.

That might be the case redeyedtreefrog but, the first thing that springs to my mind if this was the course of action taken, is:

1) the wee hoodies give a load of verbal abuse back with some choice swear words put in for good measure

2) the wee hoodies know that it has aggravated you so they do it more.

I know if it was my window, I wouldn't be keen on approaching them at all.

Sorry chuckie but I would agree with ciderally - redeyedtreefrog's approach might work but then again, might not :~(

The Angel Of Death
01-Oct-09, 09:24
Call the police and tell them that you have caught and think you may have killed one of them i can bet they will be round your house sharpish like snow of a dyke

Will get there attention thats for sure

Kevin Milkins
01-Oct-09, 10:14
Call the police and tell them that you have caught and think you may have killed one of them i can bet they will be round your house sharpish like snow of a dyke

Will get there attention thats for sure

Or tell the police that "I am are sure one of them is carrying a gun", :eek: that will liven up the neighborhood a bit.

I know plenty that will jump on that remark, and rightly so, but isn't it a pity that we have to be worried about being bullied in our own home by (naughty children) without having the option of kicking some erse and nipping it in the bud.

The Angel Of Death
01-Oct-09, 11:15
Aye gone are the days where you got the good old "I'm telling your Mither / Faither" that was enough to put the fear of god into most people

Stefan
01-Oct-09, 11:34
Aye gone are the days where you got the good old "I'm telling your Mither / Faither" that was enough to put the fear of god into most people

Well, with some kids that still works as they learn values at home, but some parents lack parental skills and kids know that all too well.

I would suggest two kinds of approach:

1) Turn the cards. React the opposite way to what they expect. Offer the hoodies a cup of tea or a drink of pop. They will be puzzled why you are nice to them, believe me. And likely to leave you alone.

2) If that doesn't work or you are not comfortable with 1) put a camera in the window with a nice wee note "smile, you are on camera". The recordings can then be given to the police.

If you haven't got a camera somebody might lend you one for a few days.

unicorn
01-Oct-09, 12:10
ah but does filming them infringe on their human rights [lol]

The Angel Of Death
01-Oct-09, 12:12
Human rights what a laugh these days the crims get more than the victims

tartanyorkie
01-Oct-09, 12:25
This is what worries me about moving. The only benefit of living here is it is quiet at night and no bother with the neighbours - well, you never see anyone. I have lived with nightmare neighbours in England and it is awful. The best one I ever had was been awoken one night by the searchlight from a police helicopter while the police on the ground chased someone and then bashed their door in.

Stefan
01-Oct-09, 12:52
ah but does filming them infringe on their human rights [lol]

There are cameras everywhere these days...in London you can hardly move without being filmed...

As the camera is on your own premises and only filming whats right in front of your window I wouldn't think it was a problem as long as you inform the public with a nice wee note in the window...

telfordstar
01-Oct-09, 12:55

That made me laught. When i was wee many moons ago, that very words terrified me!!!!

The Angel Of Death
01-Oct-09, 13:31
Aye them words sorted you out big style either that or taught you to be more sneakier

Bazeye
02-Oct-09, 13:08
Turn the cards. React the opposite way to what they expect. Offer the hoodies a cup of tea or a drink of pop.

Id have thought theyd be more interested in a can of Special and a smoke.:)

Stefan
02-Oct-09, 15:03
I never said offer them something they will like ;-)

Bazeye
02-Oct-09, 15:49
Yeah, youre probably right, youd never get rid of them then.:(

Miss Mack
03-Oct-09, 22:23
Over the last few nights we have had wee hoodies hammering on our window that is closest to the street, the bang is getting harder.

The thing is how do we react, we have informed the police and but we dont have proof names etc.

Borrow a big scarey dog, a GSD is great for keeping kids out of your garden !