21-Sep-09, 23:35
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/Thegloamingcopy.jpg

nirofo
22-Sep-09, 00:31
Nice one, great light.

nirofo.

Kenn
22-Sep-09, 00:53
Like that, we're you over the castle side of the harbour?

Mystical Potato Head
22-Sep-09, 07:12
Yes Lizz,in between the two groynes.

Deemac
22-Sep-09, 10:39
Nice tones MPH.

Bobinovich
22-Sep-09, 14:02
Quite beautiful

Liz
25-Sep-09, 12:40
Really lovely. The colours are beautiful.

~~Tides~~
25-Sep-09, 17:58
Really beautiful. What settings did you use?

dragonfly
25-Sep-09, 18:05
good question Tides! I've been looking at OP's photos on Flickr and going into the properties to get an idea of what I should be on for certain lighting conditions, helps when trying to take them myself

Lovely colours MPH, is it photoshopped??

Mystical Potato Head
25-Sep-09, 19:09
Dont have the exact settings but it would have been something like
ISO 100 or 200
somewhere between f22to f29 and an exposure length somewhere between 20 to 30 seconds to give that smokey/milky effect to the water.Obviously if the image is overexposed at 20 seconds then reduce the length a bit.
That's what i usually start at and then alter exposure lengths till i get something half decent.
As for the photoshopping,well it most definately is.
Again i cant remember exactly but it would be along the lines of using a blue filter and adjust the opacity until you get the amount of blue your after without darkening the photo too much.To boost the orange i used the sponge/saturation tool and move it over the area until the orange glows nicely.Finally use the dodge tool to brighten up or highlight any areas you think need it.
Always use a low percentage when using the dodge ,burn and sponge tools,its much easier to control.
Adjust brightness and contrast to suit if needed.
You've probably noticed i like vivid colours(couldn't miss it realy :lol:) and there are plenty of other ways in photoshop to get the same sort of effect but the way i've described is probably the easist way to do it.You can go into image,adjustments and alter the saturation to get vivid or if you hate vivid just push the slider in the opposite direction.Adjust highlights and shadows,use selective colour and change the hues and tones of specific colours.Its a minfield but i love it more than taking the photos.
It realy is a case of practice, practice and more practice with photoshop,its the only way to try and get to grips with it.
Hope that helps a little.

dragonfly
25-Sep-09, 19:26
where's the "woosh, that went straight over my head" smiley when you want one??

no it makes some sense lol, just have to keep practicing with camera and once I've cracked it see what sense I can make of photoshop!

Mystical Potato Head
25-Sep-09, 20:21
Oops,sorry.
If you shoot in raw mode and open an image you can alter exposure,brightness ,contrast,clarity ,vibrance and saturation all on one page,just adjust the sliders.Then on the tabs about 2/3 of the way up on the right hand side,pick the 4th one,hsl/ grayscale and you can udjust the hue,saturation and brightness of individual colour groups, again just by moving sliders so there is no need to go hunting all over photoshop to find things.
Once your happy with your image you can either click on open image which will let you adjust it in "normal" photoshop or just save it as a jpeg.