PDA

View Full Version : Butternut Squash.

fudge100
21-Sep-09, 00:03
Does anyone have recipes for butternut squash? Thanks.

skinnydog
21-Sep-09, 19:34
This is excellent, tried and tested!!
http://www.stuffyerbake.co.uk/2007/11/27/butternut-squash-and-pine-nut-risotto/

fudge100
22-Sep-09, 01:57
This is excellent, tried and tested!!
http://www.stuffyerbake.co.uk/2007/11/27/butternut-squash-and-pine-nut-risotto/

Thanks i'll give it a try.

ANNIE
23-Sep-09, 21:12
1 butternut squash
i onion
2 pints o veg stock
salt
pepper
curry powder

cut up butternutsquash in peices and onion place in stock.
gently simmer till softened
add salt pepper and curry powder to taste and blend

Birdie Wife
24-Sep-09, 14:05
Sausage and Roasted veg bake

Take a pack of sausages, and cut a selection of veg into wedges - a butternut squash, a peeled red onion, parsnips, potatoes and red pepper all work well. If you have some nice fat garlic cloves, they work well too. Mix them all together in a large roasting tin, chuck on a few springs of rosemary and a little salt, coat with a little slick of olive oil and roast for 45 - 60 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking to redistribute the toasty bits.

Easy, quick and tasty, uses only one dish, my favourite kind of recipe. YUM :D

Creme_Egg
28-Oct-09, 14:54
best recipie ever!

roast off your squash in the oven with thyme garlic oil salt and pepper

sweat off in a pan onions and leeks till soft

maybe bacon if u like

then add soft squash to pan then add stock to just about cover it bring to the boil and blit. add some cream to finish if you like just remember to season again

marlyn
30-Oct-09, 10:21
cut the squash in half length ways and remove the seeds, roast in the oven skin side up for about 40mins. leave to cool for a while and then cut into slices and peel, easier to do when still slightly warm but not too hot.
Make lasagne in normal way but add an extra layer of the squash on top of the mince and under the lasagne sheets.

Scoff as quickly as possible!!

mmm haven't made this for ages - I feel a lasagne night coming on!!

richardson.laura
23-Mar-10, 21:36
tried, tested and used many times again! so tasty! i wasnt sure about the honey tried it with and without, a million times better with!

1kg butternut squash
1tbsp veg oil
1 chopped onion
600ml hot veg stock
2tbsp clear honey

preheat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6, cut butternut squash in half lengthways, scoop out seeds and pith. cut into large chunks and peel. place on baking tray and season with ground salt and pepper then drizzle over the oil, roast for 20mins then remove. and the onion and stir then cook for a further 15 mins. empty the whole lot into a food processor with half the stock (i actually found it was better in a smoothie maker lol) and blend until smooth. place puree in a saucepan with the rest of the stock and the honey, simmer for 3 to 4 mins then serve :)

Truewoman
26-Mar-10, 22:59
Made this the other night and was very tasty - my little one loved it, it's from Nigella Express book.

Squash & Sweet Potato Soup (serves 2, I just doubled up to do couple of nights)

350g squash & sweet potato diced
750ml veg stock
1/4 teaspoon ground cinammon
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
grinding of black pepper

Bring to boil & simmer for 15/20 mins until veg soft then puree