PDA

View Full Version : How Equal is Equal?

Angel
20-Sep-09, 15:43
I believe in equality but I am unsure if it applies to everything and I was wondering what the people of Caithness (and beyond) feel about Equality.

Are men and women equal - do they want to be?

Abled and disabled - who should get special treatment, if any?

Different faiths - should we embrace them all?

Those with different sexuality - does it matter?

Racial equality - is it just skin colour?

Those of non-binary gender - do we care?

Is equality an aspiration -and for whom?

What are you thought's...

Angel...

joxville
20-Sep-09, 15:56
I believe in equality but I am unsure if it applies to everything and I was wondering what the people of Caithness (and beyond) feel about Equality.

Angel...

1. No, women should always be the weaker sex and do as I say.

2. Obviously disabled, though I've seen wheelchair ramps to rival a ski jump. Get it sorted-NOW.

3. No, embrace Joxism instead

4. No. There are males and females. Is there one I'm not aware of?

5. No, it's ignorance.

6. Eh??? You've lost me. Is that colour people by numbers? :eek:

7. Yes. By women. They can't have it. I won't allow it. I'll scweam and scweam.

8. I'm thinking of having a coffee.

The End. ;)

Bobinovich
20-Sep-09, 16:00
Sheesh that's opening multiple cans of whoopass there! Simple answer is that everyone *should* be treated equally in an ideal world, but unfortunately there are so many with varying prejudices that it's never going to happen universally.

porshiepoo
20-Sep-09, 16:04

Angel...

Men & women equal? Nah, women are far superior but we're kind enough to settle for Equality.

There should be no special treatment for able or disabled, however, there should be practices in place to help those disabled to lead a 'normal' life. (I don't consider these practices as 'special treatment' though, simply humane treatment which we should all expect).

Of course we should embrace all faiths and beliefs. None of us are 100% correct in Faith, Belief or Religion and nor should we be.
Atrocities carried out in the name of these beliefs is something else entirely though. Hmmm, but does condemning someone for their actions in the name of their beliefs mean we shouldn't embrace all? Guess it depends on our definition of "embrace". I may have to come back to that one!

Racial Equality should encompass religious, political and moral equalities and not just be defined by skin colour.

Variety is the spice of life.

Equality will never be - unfortunately. Men will never allow it, they're too scared to admit Brawn does not outweigh Brains.
I myself don't particularly care - yes, I know I should, I just don't. It doesn't affect my day to day life, I don't lose sleep over it and I guess I'm gonna be lynched by womens lib.

Phill
20-Sep-09, 17:02
When I'm dictator everyone shall be equal, just as long as you do as your told!

tigger2u
21-Sep-09, 01:37
Of course i want special treatment!..I am SPECIAL :D my mum always said im special :)

Aaldtimer
21-Sep-09, 02:56
Of course i want special treatment!..I am SPECIAL :D my mum always said im special :)

Hate to tell you...she lied!;)

tigger2u
21-Sep-09, 11:19
Hate to tell you...she lied!;)

No she didn't..She even got me on the special bus :Razz so there !

changilass
21-Sep-09, 11:25
75-25 is about equal round these parts :lol:

Errogie
22-Sep-09, 21:48
My mother always used to say that any woman who wanted to be equal to a man lacked ambition!