PDA

View Full Version : Who have you 'met' in real life?

Thumper
09-Sep-09, 18:41
On another thread a poster said something that got me thinking-they said "Homer Simpson isnt real you know" so the question is what "characters" have you met in day to day life? In my street there is a Victor Meldrew who funnily enough is married to a Hyacinth Bouquet. I have met a Jodie Marsh "act a like" (not really uncommon though is it ;)) Oh and my ex was a Phil Mitchell lookalike and act alike :eek: Its just a bit of fun guys but its scary how many poeple you come across that are so like "characters" you sometimes wonder if the part was written after someone meeting them lol x

ett23
09-Sep-09, 18:49
I know Steve Wright but he doesn't look or sound like the Radio 2 DJ, I'm afraid. Nice man - he's a professional photographer...

Connor.
09-Sep-09, 18:57
Was in inverness on monday. Had to wait around for a while(bloody wummin shoppin) so played "spot the celebrity". During the 1 hour i found:

Lee Evans
Jack Black
The Sloth out of Ice Age 3
Colonel Sanders

Not really that much, but impressive that there's quite a few lookalikes.

Metalattakk
09-Sep-09, 20:27
Every morning, I wake up with Eva Herzegova (http://images.google.co.uk/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&um=1&ei=VQGoSv-NL-C8jAezr8XSCA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Eva+Herzigova&spell=1).

It takes a wee while to rub the sleep out of my eyes right enough. ;)

George Brims
09-Sep-09, 21:25
There's a bloke two floors down looks like Milton from "Office Space". I hope they're treating him right so he doesn't burn down the building...

Invisible
09-Sep-09, 21:26
my mate looks like Harry Hill. I know an Amy McDonald, and i have also met Alec Salmond.

Liz
09-Sep-09, 22:35
I once saw someone in Wick who was the spit of the character Steve McDonald from Coronation Street and my sister saw someone who looked just like Richard Fleishman.

Maybe someone should start a lookalike agency?:D

WeeBurd
09-Sep-09, 22:39
There's a very lovely bus driver right now, who's the spitting image of Paul O'Grady. He seems like a jolly nice fellow too! :)

joxville
09-Sep-09, 22:42
I once met the double of Rick Parfitt in a motorway loo, (No, it's not what you think!). I tried not to laugh cos I had a vision of him doing the Status Quo 'dance' as he pee'd. [lol]

cazmanian_minx
10-Sep-09, 08:11
I used to work for HMV in the classical music departments in Cambridge and central London - during my time on the tills I sold CDs to:
Stephen Hawking
Germaine Greer
Ken Russell
Simon Callow
Simon Rattle
Alan Rickman (swoon!)

Tom Cornwall
10-Sep-09, 20:42
we were on the Med last year and on the same ship as we were, was Craig Brown, the ex-Scotland football manager...

Mik.M.
10-Sep-09, 21:44
There's a very lovely bus driver right now, who's the spitting image of Paul O'Grady. He seems like a jolly nice fellow too! :)
That`s what my daughter called him about 4 months ago when I asked her who collected them from swimming.She said it was one of the new drivers,when I asked which one she said, "The one who looks like Paul O`Grady."

Bazeye
10-Sep-09, 23:43
At work my boss is ....erm...shall we say vertically challenged. One day he was having a go at me so I asked him where Snow White was. He wasnt happy.

The Angel Of Death
11-Sep-09, 09:47
He wasnt happy.

So which one was he then ;)

Dog-eared
11-Sep-09, 16:41

That'll be Grumpy, then....

:lol::lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
11-Sep-09, 20:32
someone i see at dounreay looks like the fruitloop on last years X Factor who did the michael jackson impression - he was a pizza delivery man , poor kinda soul , all dressed up , did all the moves but didn't sound a hoot like him.... freaks me out everytime he's in the copier room - keep thinking its the MJ guy!!

annemarie482
11-Sep-09, 21:08
one of the council plumbers looks like father ted, he keeps his hair short now to try and hide it but he's defo a deadringer! lol

Bazeye
11-Sep-09, 21:14

I wondered who'd bite first. ;)