PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Help?

Happy Guy
07-Sep-09, 22:58
I am having trouble with getting a web cam set up properly. It is set to watch outside, through a window. During full daylight, the light floods the image and no definition can be seen just completely washed out, but as soon as the light goes a bit (i.e. 7-7.30 pm) all you can see is a very dark almost black square even though its quite light. I have tried messing about with the 'brightness' and 'contrast ' sliders with little or no improvement! Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Bobinovich
08-Sep-09, 16:06
I would have thought that an Auto setting (if there is one) would be best - but it may also depend on the quality of the web cam and accompanying software being used.

Tugmistress
08-Sep-09, 17:57
i've had the same problem bob, it seems most are set up to work with low light so draw in too much light when pointing outdoors :(

i'm thinking along the lines of a couple ND filters in front of each camera will sort of sort it.... i have a blue grad ND in front of mine which helps a little.

Happy Guy
09-Sep-09, 10:36
I would have thought that an Auto setting (if there is one) would be best - but it may also depend on the quality of the web cam and accompanying software being used.
Thanks for your comment
I have it on Auto, and it is a mid range webcam, priced about £18.00. If you have time could you go to www.tugmistress.co.uk (http://www.tugmistress.co.uk) and click on Keiss Webcam, and you will see what I mean?

Bobinovich
09-Sep-09, 16:02
Oo-er see what you mean - very washed out. Is it possibly getting reflection from the window? How close is it to said window? Have you tried a different cam or tried that cam on a different PC to see if the cam is at fauly? Bit difficult to diagnose TBH without seeing the conditions etc.

I'm over in Keiss on Sunday 'bout 3.30 - 4pm if you'd like me to take a look?

Happy Guy
09-Sep-09, 19:29
Oo-er see what you mean - very washed out. Is it possibly getting reflection from the window? How close is it to said window? Have you tried a different cam or tried that cam on a different PC to see if the cam is at fauly? Bit difficult to diagnose TBH without seeing the conditions etc.

I'm over in Keiss on Sunday 'bout 3.30 - 4pm if you'd like me to take a
look?

Yes that might be useful! Thanks! give me a call sunday morning to arrange? (Not too early lol!!)