bluebell
07-Sep-09, 12:31
Made this for last nights dinner it was delicious and quick and easy to make
Beef stroganoff

2 pound prime beef
Flour for dredging plus 1 tablespoon
4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
Tub of mushrooms cleaned & sliced(I used chestnut)
1 white onion
5 to 10 garlic cloves finely chopped(I used 5)
Garlic salt
Cracked black pepper
Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon bouillon, chicken and/or vegetable
1 cup water
1 cup Harvey’s Bristol cream sherry
2 generous tablespoons sour cream

Trim excess fat from meat,and cut meat in small chunks,thin or fat your preference. Dredge meat in flour. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat, in batches, and brown, do not cook through. Remove meat and set aside. Leave remaining oil in skillet.
In a separate skillet, melt butter add mushrooms and sauté until all the butter rendered
To the pan with olive oil, add onion & garlic and sauté until onions are glassy, push to one side of pan & in centre of pan add 2 tablespoon olive oil, and garlic salt, cracked pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste. When heated through, add tom paste, 1 tablespoon flour, & bouillon. Mash into a paste, then slowly add water while stirring constantly smoothing out lumps, keep stirring and add the sherry.
When sufficiently “saucy” return meat to the pan and cook through. Add mushrooms and fold together add sour cream and serve immediately over rice

ciderally
09-Sep-09, 14:55
why dident I get a tastie??? sounds good

bluebell
12-Sep-09, 09:54
why dident I get a tastie??? sounds good
Teehee.... well I did put some out but you were tooo slow ask M&L they loved it....I think:eek: