PDA

View Full Version : A Question?

Rheghead
06-Sep-09, 23:54
I see that bandwidth or the problems with numbers of visitors to Caithness.org is a recurring problem? But I see that replying to an old thread is frowned upon, does it take more bandwidth etc to start a new thread or to restart an old one? My real reason for asking is that there so many recurring subjects.

joxville
06-Sep-09, 23:58
If resurrecting old threads causes a problem with bandwith wouldn't it be better that threads were automatically deleted after 1 month, if that is one of the problems?

changilass
06-Sep-09, 23:59
I think that replying to an old thread is only frowned upon if its done to cause trouble, or if it doesn't add anything to the thread.

Rheghead
07-Sep-09, 00:02
I think that replying to an old thread is only frowned upon if its done to cause trouble, or if it doesn't add anything to the thread.
seems a good answer.:)

changilass
07-Sep-09, 00:05
Why thank you kind sir.

joxville
07-Sep-09, 00:14
I think a lot of pages should be deleted, there is 635 pages in the general section alone-half of it rubbish that I've posted. :eek:

Rheghead
07-Sep-09, 00:16
I think a lot of pages should be deleted, there is 635 pages in the general section alone-half of it rubbish that I've posted. :eek:

good point, I think threads over 2 years old seem to lose a lot if not all their relevence.:Razz

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-09, 00:24

The other half must be down to me then.:roll:

Phill
07-Sep-09, 00:25
I see that bandwidth or the problems with numbers of visitors to Caithness.org is a recurring problem? But I see that replying to an old thread is frowned upon, does it take more bandwidth etc to start a new thread or to restart an old one? My real reason for asking is that there so many recurring subjects.

'tis irrelevant.
The bandwidth is taken up by people viewing the Org, OK a reply will add a little to the data stream but it doesn't matter what your replying to.

The bandwidth issues are simply an issue caused by it's own success, lot's of peeps wanna come and see what were all flaming each other about.

Just get a bigger bit of wire to plug the Org computer into the web;)

Or stop allowing guests to view, make it a closed shop and keep 'em guessing:eek:

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-09, 00:45
'tis irrelevant.
The bandwidth is taken up by people viewing the Org, OK a reply will add a little to the data stream but it doesn't matter what your replying to.

The bandwidth issues are simply an issue caused by it's own success, lot's of peeps wanna come and see what were all flaming each other about.

Just get a bigger bit of wire to plug the Org computer into the web;)

Or stop allowing guests to view, make it a closed shop and keep 'em guessing:eek:

You sound like you know about pooters, Phill, I will go along with that.

Phill
07-Sep-09, 01:39
You sound like you know about pooters, Phill, I will go along with that.

I disagree, I know nothing as my wife keeps telling me!
:confused