PDA

View Full Version : Witty Banter

redeyedtreefrog
06-Sep-09, 18:23
Was reading Lizz's thread and thought it appropriate to create this one. How was you tea tonight?

Tubthumper
06-Sep-09, 18:24
Deer-licious. How was yours?

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:25
Shhh...

Don't tell anyone but I ate the last of the Moussaka... I'm gonna be in trouble - no dinner for my OH tonight! lol

How was yours?

teddybear1873
06-Sep-09, 18:25
Was reading Lizz's thread and thought it appropriate to create this one. How was you tea tonight?

Weet and warm.

joxville
06-Sep-09, 18:26
My T was fine though my Q sometimes refuses to type. :D

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 18:29

Typical man blame the tool. :lol:

Ive not had my tea yet as hubby has no cooking skills at all and until I make it we will have to starve. :Razz

redeyedtreefrog
06-Sep-09, 18:30
How was yours?

Great ta, but the beef was a little dry. Overcooked, I suspect :roll:

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:31

More like a case of PEBKAC! :\

Mystical Potato Head
06-Sep-09, 18:43
Typical man blame the tool. :lol:

Ive not had my tea yet as hubby has no cooking skills at all and until I make it we will have to starve. :Razz

Typical woman,nag at the man.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 18:44
Typical woman,nag at the man.

Well someones got to do it. ;)

I see it as my job and oh I love my job. :Razz

Mystical Potato Head
06-Sep-09, 18:46
Your husband is an easy going sort of guy then?......or perhaps he's a little hard of hearing.

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:10
Your husband is an easy going sort of guy then?......or perhaps he's a little hard of hearing.

I thought most men that were in relationships suffer from 'selective deafness' - or am I wrong? lol

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:12
I thought most men that were in relationships suffer from 'selective deafness' - or am I wrong? lol

Pardon........:eek:

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:13
Pardon........:eek:

If my sides split, you will be paying for my private medical fees!

roflmao

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:28
If my sides split, you will be paying for my private medical fees!

roflmao

Luckily for you the org has a fully qualified doctor as a member, he may do you on the cheap. :)

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 19:30
Luckily for you the org has a fully qualified doctor as a member, he may do you on the cheap. :)

Alice might have something to say if she catches the DOCTOR doing anything with Amethyst. :lol:

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:31

Well, if you're paying - hell, I'm going to arrange for a private ambulance to take me south to a private clinic :p

Ooooh, no... Alice! LOL my sides are well and truly splitting now!

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 19:36
Well, if you're paying - hell, I'm going to arrange for a private ambulance to take me south to a private clinic :p!

Look out tonkatojo will have you for suggesting that one :lol:

Oh dear and the DOCTOR cant even help you out now cause Ive tied him to the cooker to make the Tea for tonight. :cool:

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:39
Well, if you're paying - hell, I'm going to arrange for a private ambulance to take me south to a private clinic :p

Fortunately my brother in Kingussie drives an ambulance, his girlfriend and my niece are nurses and Alice's man is the doctor. Sorted.

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:39
Look out tonkatojo will have you for suggesting that one :lol:

Ah... I think a lot of people I know would lol

Oh dear and the DOCTOR cant even help you out now cause Ive tied him to the cooker to make the Tea for tonight. :cool:

A doctor that can cook?? Oh my! Where did you find him and are there any left?

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 19:41

He's so laid back hes horizontal. :eek::p

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:41
Fortunately my brother in Kingussie drives an ambulance

Chances are I know him... greater chances is that he doesn't like me lol.

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:42
Ah... I think a lot of people I know would lol

Alice didn't say he could actually 'cook' per se...just that he will be doing dinner! :)

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 19:43

Erm I ddnt say he could cook.....................hes not a jack of all trades.............he only mastered one. Typical man. :lol: :Razz

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:44
I stand corrected rofl...

Well, if you come across any that can cook... let me know, please!

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 20:23
This was mine! It was monkfish from scrabster wrapped in parma ham, served with garlic mash with crunchy sea salt, asparagus, topped with a poached egg. It was bloody gorgeous!

Tip - I have found a brill way of doing poached eggs. Pull of a piece of cling film, spread a bit of butter and crack an egg on it. Pull the corners togerther and pop in boiling water. Dadgle the cling film over the edge and you can do a few perfect eggs at once. If you do it right you can make a square poached egg!

Fluff
06-Sep-09, 20:47
Well I burnt my arm taking the food out, and now it hurts a fair bit! But luckily the food was so good, it temporally took my mind off it!

Vistravi
06-Sep-09, 21:53
I stand corrected rofl...

Well, if you come across any that can cook... let me know, please!

Welll.... my partner can cook brilliantly. :) Fortunatly for us as i am average at cooking.

We had his fire enriched curry tonight. I have a sore throat and i always ask him to make it extremely hot to burn my sore throat away. Works a treat everytime;)

ŠAmethyst
07-Sep-09, 13:12
Welll.... my partner can cook brilliantly. :) Fortunatly for us as i am average at cooking.

We had his fire enriched curry tonight. I have a sore throat and i always ask him to make it extremely hot to burn my sore throat away. Works a treat everytime;)

Then can I borrow him... just for his cooking skills of course - I will return him as soon as the cooker gets turned off!

Alice in Blunderland
07-Sep-09, 13:36
Then can I borrow him... just for his cooking skills of course - I will return him as soon as the cooker gets turned off!

Yeh right and we all believe that one. ;)

ŠAmethyst
07-Sep-09, 13:37
Yeh right and we all believe that one. ;)

My other half won't let me have any more pets! :p

Invisible
07-Sep-09, 13:48
Filling, but i do love chicken

bobbyrussell09
07-Sep-09, 16:12
how was ur tea ,talk about originality in a thread

ŠAmethyst
08-Sep-09, 11:13
how was ur tea ,talk about originality in a thread

It wasn't really about how our dinners were! lol :D So i did kinda see a glimer of originality... but there are so many people that don't seem to understand such twisted senses of humour.

I'm sure that I didn't really need to point that out, though... so... um... I'll see you around.