And I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me Mom,

As I lie here and die.

I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"

So I love you and good-bye.

trinkie
21-Dec-03, 09:53
What a powerful poem - Thank you.
I do hope that some young person will take notice of it.

Colin Manson
21-Dec-03, 13:04
I hope that everyone takes notice because it's not just young people that drink and drive.

MadPict
21-Dec-03, 14:02
I hope that everyone takes notice because it's not just young people that drink and drive.

Good point, although young drivers tend to get out of their head on other substances and then try to drive.
Don't take anything that is likely to affect your ability behind the wheel.
Designate a driver - and buy them soft drinks all night as a thank you.
Or get a taxi - a few quid spent being driven home is a small price to pay, knowing that in the morning when you wake up you'll not have blood on your hands or be staring at a cell door from the wrong side!

Gizmo
21-Dec-03, 17:08
aCouldnt agree more Colin, i only wish they would tighten up the drink driving laws in this country, we should go the Norweigan way, if you drink drive and are caught then you get an automatic ban, they take your licence away at the time of detection and your banned from driving immediately.

The worst culprits for drink driving are the rural people, it shocks me that so many country folk still think it's acceptable to drink and drive because......'It's only a wee bit am goin' or 'It's a back road, it's safe enough'

The Bower Inn is a classic example and the Police caught many people drink driving just by waiting till closing time, and the thing is.....a lot of country folk slag off the Police saying that they have nothing better to do than pick on the poor country folk heading home after a few drams, i used to work with this old git from the country that found it perfectly ok to drive home after a night in the pub just because it was a 'Back Road'

Bill Fernie
22-Dec-03, 11:25
Can I suggest everyone take a copy of this Taxi List in Caithness and keep it handy in a wallet or hand bag. In Caithness we have fairly low cost taxi fares. Even athe cost of a taxi all the way across the county is cheaper than a two or three year ban and large fine. But his is nothing compared to the huge increase in insurance premiums following a ban that will keep coming for several years.
Caithness is repoerted in the Groat to be having no cases until last wee of drivers being tested positive when stopped by Police and breathlised. Lets hope it stays that way.
Many more young folk are electing a driver for the night among their group to take them all out. A great idea. And do not get into a car with anyone who has been driinking.
Be in no dount that police are checking this year as in the past.

marion
25-Dec-03, 22:32

Well said Colin. I lost my son to an intoxicated driver in Long Beach, California on June 21, 1996. Please everyone - consider the consequences before getting in the driver's seat to drive that vehicle.

trinkie
31-Dec-03, 14:23
Remember the TAXI LIST Bill suggested at Christmas -

Have lots of fun
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Loafer
31-Dec-03, 21:36
:( :( DONT T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SIMPLEE

tHE lOAFEr :(

shelly
12-Jan-04, 14:56
i wish i could send this poem to some of the people i speak to at work.

I work for the american embassy helpline, and when i tell people they need visas for the US if they were ever arrested/convicted of any offence/crime, it is shocking the amount of people that say

"but it was only drink driving"

like tell that to the parents that have to bury their young children, or the wee toddler that has to grow up without their parents!! :~(