PDA

View Full Version : help.....

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Aug-09, 13:21
we had a house martin nest on our gable end but in the winds this morning it has blown down ....I only realised this when a neighbour almost ran over a young housemarting hurpling along the road....

it's so young that it can't fly yet although is trying..... but it wasn't worried about me or the dog approaching it and so i was nervous someones cat or dog might get it - I have lifted it up and have it in a cardboard box with some hay to keep it cosy....

anyone have any advice on feeding it etc.....

please don't jump on me for interfering with wildlife but it really would have gotten squashed on the road or eaten by a cat....

thanks in anticipation...

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Aug-09, 13:35
phoned sspca who were very helpful and will come and pick up the bird!

tonkatojo
29-Aug-09, 14:12
we had a house martin nest on our gable end but in the winds this morning it has blown down ....I only realised this when a neighbour almost ran over a young housemarting hurpling along the road....

it's so young that it can't fly yet although is trying..... but it wasn't worried about me or the dog approaching it and so i was nervous someones cat or dog might get it - I have lifted it up and have it in a cardboard box with some hay to keep it cosy....

anyone have any advice on feeding it etc.....

please don't jump on me for interfering with wildlife but it really would have gotten squashed on the road or eaten by a cat....

thanks in anticipation...

I am really surprised the size you say, I would have thought they would be almost ready to head off for warmer places by now.

S&LHEN
29-Aug-09, 14:14
Well done that was so kind of you. I would have done the same I hate seeing animals suffering when theres no need.
The bird is so lucky that you found it in time and cared enough to do that.:)