PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone tell me if there is still a place in Thurso who loan wheelchairs?

highland visitor
25-Aug-09, 08:14
Hi Just wondering if anyone could help me,
I am visiting Thurso at the beginning of Sept, & will be bringing my elderly disabled mum home probably the last time she will be fit enough to make the journey form south..
Anyway she is wheelchair bound & manages to walk around the home with a zimmer frame,
Last time we were staying at Thurso we were told about a place in Thurso that loaned people disabled equipment & they loaned us wheelchair ramps to use for the caravan we were staying in, they delivered them before we arrived & we had to leave them at the caravan when we left so I never knew where the place actuallly was based in Thurso, all i had then was a phone number which ive lost.

I am trying to find them again & see if we could borrow the ramps again as well as a wheelchair for mum so it saves me filling the boot of the car with hers.

Does anyone know where this place is in Thurso or their phone number?
I have had a look around on the net but without knowing the name of the place its impossible to find.

Any help would be great.

Venture
25-Aug-09, 08:42
The Red Cross in Thurso loan out wheelchairs etc. There number is 01847895081.

highland visitor
25-Aug-09, 08:45
Thank You :)
I'll give them a ring

Loch not Lock
25-Aug-09, 09:08
If you do not get what you need from the Red Cross get in touch with Dunbar hospital. They provided my late father with one.

Kevin Milkins
25-Aug-09, 09:24
I have just returned the one that I borrowed for my mother in law from the red cross in Thurso.

Thank you red cross in Thurso,:Razz A very helpfull crew.

highland visitor
25-Aug-09, 10:13
The Red Cross in Thurso loan out wheelchairs etc. There number is 01847895081.

Thank You..
they have arranged for me to loan a wheelchair whilst we're visiting:)
What a helpful service you have there in Thurso.

Venture
25-Aug-09, 12:05
Thank You..
they have arranged for me to loan a wheelchair whilst we're visiting:)
What a helpful service you have there in Thurso.

Glad to be of help and good that you got sorted out highland visitor. Hope you have a great holiday.;)

Fran
26-Aug-09, 02:25
Pity we dont have mobility scooters for shoppers like other towns have. i have asked the council to provide this service but they wont do it. it would enable a lot more people to get around the town centre. they could be kept in the Town Hall to be central.

highland visitor
26-Aug-09, 07:51
Pity we dont have mobility scooters for shoppers like other towns have. i have asked the council to provide this service but they wont do it. it would enable a lot more people to get around the town centre. they could be kept in the Town Hall to be central.

Where i live in the Gtr Manchester area, we do have several places that loan the disabled a mobility scooter or elecric wheelchair for the day while they go shopping, its run by shop mobility which is run through the local council, if there was a demand for the service i dont undestand why the scheme couldnt be set up, they usually have a shop where the users go to register & collect their scooters etc.
Its a brilliant scheme for those who need the help.