PDA

View Full Version : Burial Ground at Keiss

Rosemary Skea
29-Mar-06, 06:13
I am looking for someone who lives at or near Keiss if they could do me a big favour. I have the MI books for Caithness but the burials I am looking for are not included.

I am looking for the resting place of Margaret Gair - nee Iverach who died at South Keiss on 12/11/1920. Her husband, Donald Gair who died 12/1/1912. Also it is possible that MArgaret's mother Margaret Iverch nee Dick is buried in Keiss as well.

Margaret's great grand nephew who is also my 3rd cousin will be visiting from New Zealand in May and is hoping to locate her grave.

Rosemary Skea

highlandlassie
09-Apr-06, 14:34
Dear Rosemary

I live in Keiss and my mum was going to put flowers on a family grave so she offered to have a look for you. She found a Donald Gair who died in 1892 aged 76 years who had a first wife called Elizabeth Tulloch who died in 1850 and is interred in Wick Cemetery, his second wife was Isabella Horne who died in 1902. We dont know if this is who you are looking for, the stones were very hard to read and it was blowing a gale, she says she will look again for you when the weather is a bit better.
Hope this is of help to you.
Highlandlassie

Tricia
11-Apr-06, 23:52
Do your GAIRs have Robertson connections?

Rosemary Skea
21-Apr-06, 02:01
Dear Rosemary

I live in Keiss and my mum was going to put flowers on a family grave so she offered to have a look for you. She found a Donald Gair who died in 1892 aged 76 years who had a first wife called Elizabeth Tulloch who died in 1850 and is interred in Wick Cemetery, his second wife was Isabella Horne who died in 1902. We dont know if this is who you are looking for, the stones were very hard to read and it was blowing a gale, she says she will look again for you when the weather is a bit better.
Hope this is of help to you.
Highlandlassie

Thank you for your help - but these Gairs are not the ones I am looking for. It may be that they have no headstone.

Rosemary