PDA

View Full Version : Hendry/sinclair

Isabel Griggs
15-Aug-09, 23:56
Hello,
I am seeking information on Donald HENDRY and Margaret SINCLAIR.
I found them in the:
1871-Donald Hendry aged 53yrs Crofter/Fisherman was living at Hillhead, Lybster, Latheron, Caithness, Scotland with his wife Margaret Hendry nee Sinclair and their children Alexander 23yrs (Fisherman), Donald 18yrs (Joiner), Georgina 16yrs (scholar), John 14yrs (scholar), William 12yrs (scholar), Francis 10yrs (scholar) and Margaret 7yrs (scholar).

1891-Donald Hendry aged 73yrs Farmer was living at Hillhead, Lybster, Latheron, Caithness, Scotland with his wife Margaret Hendry nee Sinclair and their children Donald 36yrs (Joiner), Margaret 25yrs (Farmer's Daughter) and their grandchildren Elizabeth 11yrs (scholar), Donald 8yrs (scholar), Margaret 6yrs (scholar) and Alexander F 6yrs (scholar) all grandchildren have Hendry as last name.

Also:
Marriage Certificate 685/03 0336
On the 7th Dec 1899 at Milton Street Hall, Milton Street, Edinburgh John Hendry Fisherman Bachelor, residence Newlands of Forse, Lybster, Caithness, Scotland aged 37yrs, parents William Hendry Fisherman and Isabella Hendry nee Miller married Margaret Hendry Domestic Servant/ spinster aged 35yrs, residence Hillhead, Lybster parents Donald Hendry fisherman/ deceased and Margaret Hendry nee Sinclair. Witnesses were Alexander Hendry and Jessie Hendry registered on the 8th Dec 1889 at Edinburgh by R W Robertson registrar.

Was hoping to find parents for Donald HENDRY and Margaret SINCLAIR
Any information would be grately appreciated.

Isabel
Australia:)

miranda_55
25-Aug-09, 09:59
Hello Isabel

My husband is connected to this family. Donald Hendry and Margaret Sinclair's daughter Elizabeth was his 1st great-grandmother who married George Bain. I have Donald's parent's as Donald Hendry and Elizabeth Clark (taken from Donald jnr's death cert 28/10/1897 Hillhead, Lybster). I haven't got any further back than that. How do you connect to this family? Hoping that you are descended from another of the above's children. I didn't have Margaret's marriage - thank you for that. I can give lots more info. Do you want to contact me privately?

Best wishes
Miranda

Tricia
25-Aug-09, 16:41
Marriage: 07 MAR 1816 Latheron, Caithness, Scotland
Elizabeth Clark and Donald Henderson.

Henderson?? or Hendry??

Isabel Griggs
26-Aug-09, 12:11
Thank you Miranda and Tricia for replying to my request for information on Donald Hendry.
Miranda i have sent you a PM.

Kind regards
Isabel
Australia :)