PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk Highland Games

The Oracle
22-Jul-09, 15:43
Does anyone know what Pipe Band is playing at the Halkirk Games this year?

Strangely there seems to be a lack of information on the Games website about this years event.

wkgeorge
22-Jul-09, 15:48
Pipe Band is The Pipes & Drums of the Highlanders

The Oracle
22-Jul-09, 15:54
Pipe Band is The Pipes & Drums of the Highlanders

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I've ever heard of them.

Halkirk normally have very good, well established Pipe Bands....but maybe I'm just out of touch !

davie
22-Jul-09, 17:07
The Highlanders Pipe Band have been around for at least two hundred years under the names of all the Scottish Regiments who preceded them. I doubt if you will find a band with such a pedigree anywhere in this World.

Tubthumper
22-Jul-09, 18:41
The Highlanders, 4th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, also known as 4 SCOTS. Our local regular army Battalion. They're quite famous.

Scunner
22-Jul-09, 19:36
The pipe major is a local lad from Calder

Highland lad
22-Jul-09, 19:48
Hi

Does anyone know how much it is to get in as it does not say anywhere.

Thanks

footie chick
22-Jul-09, 21:12
Hi

Does anyone know how much it is to get in as it does not say anywhere.

Thanks

I think its the same as last year
£5.00 for adults £2.00 for OAPS and children and £2.00 for car park.

stewart4364
23-Jul-09, 10:10
The admission charges are advertised on the posters and I think the car
park is £1. It may be better checking as I could be wrong -- I only squinted at the charges as I shall not be using the car park. Hope they get a good day but it appears as if their could be some rain about 11am and later in the afternoon.

travelling man
25-Jul-09, 18:26
Hey does any one know how much it is to get into the Halkirk Dance tonight?
thanks

Mr P Cannop
26-Jul-09, 09:49
did any one get any videos of the pipe band at the games and from 7.30- 8.30pm ??

balto
26-Jul-09, 09:52
fair delighted, my baby won the baby show for his age 6-13 months, this is the 1st time any ofv my kids have been entered in such a thing as i believe everyone thinks their own baby is the bonniest around, but his dad wanted to take him in, just delighted, well done jayden x

grumpy1
26-Jul-09, 10:46
well done hun he is a stunner tho...

balto
26-Jul-09, 10:56
well done hun he is a stunner tho...
cheers what can i say he looks like his mum lol:lol::lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Jul-09, 11:02
fair delighted, my baby won the baby show for his age 6-13 months, this is the 1st time any ofv my kids have been entered in such a thing as i believe everyone thinks their own baby is the bonniest around, but his dad wanted to take him in, just delighted, well done jayden x

Congrats to Jayden! :D He is extremelly cute with that wee smile he has!

i could not make it to the games, was working all day. Lots of people coming in for wellies tho! :eek:

Hope everyone had a nice time!