PDA

View Full Version : WMV file conversion to ipod movie format.

Rheghead
18-Jul-09, 18:01
Has anybody had any experience of this please? I'm looking to do it with some home movie clips that I've taken with a camcorder. It took me ages to realise they weren't compatible and I need some software to convert. I've googled for some and they are trial freeware versions which require a payment. Can anybody recommend a genuine freeware product that I can download or is there something that I am missing from my manual for the ipod?

Thanks in advance :Razz

Connor.
18-Jul-09, 18:15
1) this should be in technical section
2) I'd use Magic Video Converter v8.0.1.18, it converts to a variety of different formats including MP4(used my ipods)

If you can't get a download for it anywhere, PM me.

Metalattakk
18-Jul-09, 23:20
Has anybody had any experience of this please? I'm looking to do it with some home movie clips that I've taken with a camcorder. It took me ages to realise they weren't compatible and I need some software to convert. I've googled for some and they are trial freeware versions which require a payment. Can anybody recommend a genuine freeware product that I can download or is there something that I am missing from my manual for the ipod?

Thanks in advance :Razz

I use "Any Video Converter" - completely freeware (no trial, no need for dodgy pirated programs etc) - you can get it here:

http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php

It does what it says on the tin. :)

redeyedtreefrog
19-Jul-09, 00:26
Yeah, Any Video converter is good, go with that.

And this should be in Tech help

dx100uk
19-Jul-09, 01:06
one of the best i know is called 'super'
it also does audio
totally free

takes a bit to work out what to do

but, if it doesn't do the format you want, you just ask them and they add it.

dx

Metalattakk
19-Jul-09, 01:16
Aye Super© is good too, but the GUI is fairly complicated (far more so that AVC IMHO).

dx100uk
19-Jul-09, 01:30
yea i like the sligtly earlier version from last year
cant get on with the new one
major geeks have it listed in various versions

dx

Rheghead
19-Jul-09, 10:30
The Any video converter has done exactly what I wanted. Thank you, for your help!:D

The Org never fails again! :Razz