PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Gala Night in Skinandi's

theboss
17-Jul-09, 10:51
As the poster says... this will be our debut gig.

The phrase "Baptism of fire" comes to mind...

http://i30.tinypic.com/64nolw.jpg

Jeid
18-Jul-09, 10:52
http://www.deviantart.com/download/90744678/O_Rry__by_FunnyOwl.jpg

OJS
18-Jul-09, 13:20
So who all plays in this new band then?

the_big_mac
18-Jul-09, 18:11
So who all plays in this new band then?

Going by the name a bunch of folk that look like kenneth, you know the type, skinny jeans, scarf, trilby hat, thinks the brunswick cellers are lethal crack............starting the band name with "the" is a dead give away.

;):lol:

theboss
18-Jul-09, 20:00
Going by the name a bunch of folk that look like kenneth, you know the type, skinny jeans, scarf, trilby hat, thinks the brunswick cellers are lethal crack............starting the band name with "the" is a dead give away.

;):lol:

WRONG!

Ewen Tide, Large Kevin, Sh@gger Ramsay, Darren Not, Kev Hogg.... boy!

the_big_mac
18-Jul-09, 21:44
WRONG!

Ewen Tide, Large Kevin, Sh@gger Ramsay, Darren Not, Kev Hogg.... boy!

DAMMIT!

:lol:

Kenneth
19-Jul-09, 03:59
haha! well i have to say i dont think i look like the ol trilby/scarf combo guy anymore. in fact ur lucky to see me looking slightly better dressed/washed than a ned these days!

BigKev
20-Jul-09, 12:30
Oh RRY?

I heard from little kev that he's planning skinny jeans!

ShelleyCowie
06-Aug-09, 14:54
I was there, i heard them play. They were good. But some songs were a bit...well they wasna songs you could really have a dance too. Singer was brilliant though. Good voice. :D

theboss
06-Aug-09, 16:18
I was there, i heard them play. They were good. But some songs were a bit...well they wasna songs you could really have a dance too. Singer was brilliant though. Good voice. :D

Cheers for the comments. Much appreciated. It was our first ever gig so we're still sussing out what works and what doesn't. We shall regroup and be back with a set of dancefloor fillers for you...

ShelleyCowie
07-Aug-09, 19:50
Cheers for the comments. Much appreciated. It was our first ever gig so we're still sussing out what works and what doesn't. We shall regroup and be back with a set of dancefloor fillers for you...

Ur very welcome!

Im sure many other people enjoyed the songs, maybe i am too young! Lol. But there was only maybe 2 songs i sat down too! All band members played excellently.

Keep it up and gimme a shout out when u are famous! hehe! ;)

What were you playing? Or was u the singer? So then i know who u are!

theboss
08-Aug-09, 12:48
Ur very welcome!

Im sure many other people enjoyed the songs, maybe i am too young! Lol. But there was only maybe 2 songs i sat down too! All band members played excellently.

Keep it up and gimme a shout out when u are famous! hehe! ;)

What were you playing? Or was u the singer? So then i know who u are!

Hi Shelley, if you only sat down for two songs I don't think we did too badly. There was alot of older songs in the set (trying to reach a broad spectrum of ages isn't easy in an hour)

I was one of the guitarists. The one with the green guitar.

ShelleyCowie
08-Aug-09, 13:28
Hi Shelley, if you only sat down for two songs I don't think we did too badly. There was alot of older songs in the set (trying to reach a broad spectrum of ages isn't easy in an hour)

I was one of the guitarists. The one with the green guitar.

Ov course u didna do too badly! :D Most the songs i did know because of guitar hero or rock band lol.

Aww i know who u are now! Well i dont know u....but i do if u get what i mean! Lol.

Bazeye
10-Aug-09, 21:33
I was there as well and was quite impressed considering it was their first gig.

theboss
11-Aug-09, 09:09
I was there as well and was quite impressed considering it was their first gig.

Cheers Bazeye. Going by your location it looks like you travelled a fair distance just to see us play. Thanks very much for that ;)

Bazeye
11-Aug-09, 16:51
Cheers Bazeye. Going by your location it looks like you travelled a fair distance just to see us play. Thanks very much for that ;)

Do you know if its on You tube anywhere?

Jeid
12-Aug-09, 08:16

He didn't travel as far as Jakub... all the way from Poland!

BigKev
12-Aug-09, 16:49
Heres the link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dbgo949Yw&feature=related

You will struggle to find it through searching youtube as he mis-spelt skinandis.

I would have rathered there was no footage than just footage of the dance! Its all about the music man!!

ShelleyCowie
12-Aug-09, 18:07
Heres the link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dbgo949Yw&feature=related

You will struggle to find it through searching youtube as he mis-spelt skinandis.

I would have rathered there was no footage than just footage of the dance! Its all about the music man!!

I enjoyed the YMCA!

Looking at the link to the left it had boss hogg, was lookin for ma cousin but he is no there! Could o sworn that was the name o the band he was in?

theboss
13-Aug-09, 08:59
I enjoyed the YMCA!

Looking at the link to the left it had boss hogg, was lookin for ma cousin but he is no there! Could o sworn that was the name o the band he was in?

Who's your cousin? Stu or Mark?

ShelleyCowie
13-Aug-09, 12:03
Who's your cousin? Stu or Mark?

Mark Leisk

BigKev
14-Aug-09, 12:32
I believe Toot Toot could not make that gig but was was indeed the basser in Boss Hog!

buddyrich
14-Aug-09, 14:29
Is Leisk the secret brother of Ravy Davy MacDonald?

Have you ever seen them together?

Jeid
14-Aug-09, 16:39
I believe Toot Toot could not make that gig but was was indeed the basser in Boss Hog!

Aye, and TheBoss was the singist...