PDA

View Full Version : Continental Market

neepnipper
22-Mar-06, 09:43
Does anyone know if the continental market is coming to Wick again?

candyfloss
22-Mar-06, 11:09
I hope so:)
It is a bit expensive,but it's only once a year and it liv'ins the place up a bit.

knightofeth
22-Mar-06, 11:28
I hope so too, I love the pancakes and crepes you get there :)

candyfloss
22-Mar-06, 15:24
I'd forgoten about the pancakes mmm.....
Makes my mouth water just thinkin about them

phoenix
22-Mar-06, 19:14
I'd forgoten about the pancakes mmm.....
Makes my mouth water just thinkin about them

They're even better when they've been washed down with a few glasses of white wine in Wetherspoons........;) [lol][lol][lol]

ice box
23-Mar-06, 01:13
I heard that some of the market traders that were there was caught stealing out of the shops so i cant see them coming back in a hurry .

krieve
23-Mar-06, 01:54
I heard that some of the market traders that were there was caught stealing out of the shops so i cant see them coming back in a hurry .
Oh i remember that Icebox, i remember it was in the paper (The Groat or The Courier) but i can't for the life of me remember which one. lol

candyfloss
23-Mar-06, 14:23
They're even better when they've been washed down with a few glasses of white wine in Wetherspoons........;) [lol][lol][lol]

They sure are phoenix, but not too much wine

Chillie
23-Mar-06, 14:30
Who want's them back? they break every single health and hygiene rule that every other local trader would get the book at them for breaking these rule's and they are also so expensive with their wares.:mad:

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 14:33
They sure are phoenix, but not too much wine

Aye Candyfloss ;) and the wines better too when its drunk in the company of a few Frenchmen! [lol] Pancakes, white wine and Frenchmen/women are a lethal combination! :eek:

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 14:48
Who want's them back? they break every single health and hygiene rule that every other local trader would get the book at them for breaking these rule's and they are also so expensive with their wares.:mad:

I want them back! :grin: Who cares about health and hygiene........kids and adults were far healthier when they were allowed to grovel in a bit of muck.......their immune systems were far healthier and stronger and they got a lot less bugs than we do nowadays! There are far too many cleaning agents around nowadays for my liking! Ill bet the French are far healthier as a nation than we are! :confused: This country is paranoid and obsessed with cleanliness! Theres cleanliness and theres cleanliness! [mad]

Chillie
23-Mar-06, 14:50
Aye Candyfloss ;) and the wines better too when its drunk in the company of a few Frenchmen! [lol] Pancakes, white wine and Frenchmen/women are a lethal combination! :eek:

You better keep a tight hold of your handbag next time phoenix.
Wine, frenchmen! lethal combination.[lol]

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 14:57
You better keep a tight hold of your handbag next time phoenix.
Wine, frenchmen! lethal combination.[lol]

Ive no need to keep a tight hold of my handbag Chillie [smirk] Theres nothing in it for starters :( and even if there was... I trust them.......People will only steal of people who expect to have something stolen or they have stolen themselves in the past........I have nothing to fear from them! [smirk]

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 15:03
The one thing that does worry me about Pancakes, White Wine and Frenchmen/woman is never ask a Weeker for something for your hangover the next day............you can never be sure just what they may give you! [smirk][para]:eek:

neepnipper
23-Mar-06, 18:01
I only asked because I need loads of plants for my garden and the plant stall was brilliant, plants I got last time still going strong.

squidge
23-Mar-06, 18:03
I want them back! :grin: Who cares about health and hygiene........kids and adults were far healthier when they were allowed to grovel in a bit of muck.......their immune systems were far healthier and stronger and they got a lot less bugs than we do nowadays! There are far too many cleaning agents around nowadays for my liking! Ill bet the French are far healthier as a nation than we are! :confused: This country is paranoid and obsessed with cleanliness! Theres cleanliness and theres cleanliness! [mad]

Im with you on this Phoenix but watch out or somewill will question yuor cleanliness or whether you wash your chicken

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 18:50
Im with you on this Phoenix but watch out or somewill will question yuor cleanliness or whether you wash your chicken
Im :confused: squidge! I know what I mean and what Im speaking about.... as does Candyfloss, there's nothing unclean about it.......was all good clean fun eh Candyfloss, our hubbies were there with us! Must be your mind squidge! :confused: As for chicken dont care for it that much! [smirk]

candyfloss
23-Mar-06, 19:09
I'm :confused: too.Nothing wrong with a bit of dirt.
Bring on the frenchmen/women and the wine,eh phoenix[lol]

Praetorian
23-Mar-06, 19:19
The guy who was caught stealing was a one legged frenchman who stole one shoe from DE Shoeshop because he missed his medication. That was two years ago not one and they stayed an extra day last year. Think the blokes name was Hans

unicorn
23-Mar-06, 19:46
You are kidding aren't you... sorry but that just made me laugh!!! :)

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 20:07
The guy who was caught stealing was a one legged frenchman who stole one shoe from DE Shoeshop because he missed his medication. That was two years ago not one and they stayed an extra day last year. Think the blokes name was Hans

Hans must have been in Fort William too Praetorian cause I went into a shoe shop there saw a nice pair of sandles in the sale, picked up the one on show went up to the assistant and asked if I could have these .....she says there in the sale as theres only one of them :confused: or was it because it was two different sizes or was it two right or left feet.........I cant remember now! Im needing my medication too I think! [lol] :confused: [lol]

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 20:11
I'm :confused: too.Nothing wrong with a bit of dirt.
Bring on the frenchmen/women and the wine,eh phoenix[lol]

Youre making matters worse Candyfloss! [lol]

candyfloss
23-Mar-06, 20:42
OH DEAR!
Does sound a bit rude does'nt it:o ,i never mean't it too honestly:eek:
Phoenix is making me get carried away[lol]

phoenix
23-Mar-06, 20:53
OH DEAR!
Does sound a bit rude does'nt it:o ,i never mean't it too honestly:eek:
Phoenix is making me get carried away[lol]

I never meant it to sound rude either! Honest! I think Ill go and find something else to do before I say something else that may be misinterpretrated......oooops [para]

Dali
19-Apr-06, 18:29
The Continental Market is in Wick 25-26-27-28 May 2006
acording to the email i got sent from there site.

knightofeth
19-Apr-06, 19:22
The Continental Market is in Wick 25-26-27-28 May 2006
acording to the email i got sent from there site.

Yay :D Thanks for sharing the info!!

neepnipper
19-Apr-06, 21:41
Great, thanks for answering my original question!!