PDA

View Full Version : Bread

WickWitch
13-Jul-09, 21:29
Does anyone have any interesting recipes for bread?

Birdie Wife
17-Jul-09, 12:35
Made by hand or in a machine? ;)

Sourdough is fun to do but takes a while. I have an old recipe somewhere for oatmeal bread which is fantastically soft and light but I can't find the book now :(

I usually do a loaf with 1/3 wholemeal flour and 2/3 white flour and add a couple of handfuls of mixed seeds: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, poppy... whatever I've got in the cupboards :)

tonkatojo
17-Jul-09, 13:09
Does anyone have any interesting recipes for bread?

Are you branching out with your potions/recipes into more conventional stuff. :eek:

WickWitch
17-Jul-09, 14:14
Yes, I am finding that my love potions and curses are going out of fashion. I get the odd request for a spell but my bread keeps them coming back for more. I just want to try something a bit different. I'd have tried nettles but someone has stripped Caithness of them!! :)

WickWitch
21-Jul-09, 16:58
Made by hand or in a machine? ;)

Sourdough is fun to do but takes a while. I have an old recipe somewhere for oatmeal bread which is fantastically soft and light but I can't find the book now :(

I usually do a loaf with 1/3 wholemeal flour and 2/3 white flour and add a couple of handfuls of mixed seeds: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, poppy... whatever I've got in the cupboards :)

Hi Birdie Wife, I have just noticed your reply so my apologies for not replying sooner. I make my bread by hand. I have tried all the usual recipies but the oatmeal one is one I have not come across before. I use seeds, dried tomatoes, fruit and the like but I tasted some potato and rosemary bread a while ago and it was delicious.

Thank you for your reply and if you do find the oatmeal recipe I'd be very grateful