PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Ship

stekar
02-Jul-09, 22:13
For anyone interested, the massive Crown Princess cruise ship is passing Scarfskerry at the moment (10.12 pm) en route to Invergordon.

Very impressive.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Jul-09, 22:16
That should be quite a view I think Ill hang around my front window to see it pass my way in a while :)

changilass
02-Jul-09, 22:18
Was on its sister ship, the Grand Princess in April, very nice, but mini changi now has a taste for lobster and fillet steak.

joxville
02-Jul-09, 22:56
That should be quite a view I think Ill hang around my front window to see it pass my way in a while :)
I hope you keep your clothes on, I don't want to hear of it running aground. :eek:

[lol]

Alice in Blunderland
02-Jul-09, 23:09
I hope you keep your clothes on, I don't want to hear of it running aground.

:lol: Oh I don't know about that Jox it could end up being my two minutes of fame............ you might evem get to see me on the telly. :eek::Razz

Tighsonas4
03-Jul-09, 10:33
For anyone interested, the massive Crown Princess cruise ship is passing Scarfskerry at the moment (10.12 pm) en route to Invergordon.

Very impressive.as a matter of interest are using ais liverpool and if so how do you work it now thanks tony

stekar
04-Jul-09, 16:48
I do use to ais site, and noticed as mentioned in a previous thread that it has a new layout. Not as keen on it as the last one. But it works the roughly the same, I think.

Ricanna
04-Jul-09, 18:51
We missed it--which way was it sailing?

joxville
04-Jul-09, 20:39
We missed it--which way was it sailing?

Picture a map of the UK, got it? Now recall where Skarfskerry is...hint: think north coast! Now it's heading to Invergordon on the east coast...do you follow? Now...........name the captain. :eek: [lol]

Sorry Ricanna, you'll get used to me, welcome to the Org.

Ricanna
05-Jul-09, 19:28
A smarty I see. No it's just my old ma sits looking at the ships all day and was gutted to miss it--we are in the Murkle area but there was a fair fog bank on the Firth. She wanted to know if it was going in or oot as it were. Thanks anyway

stekar
06-Jul-09, 22:08
There's the Europa heading to Gairloch now (10.06pm) so you should be able to see that one soon. Not as much mist and murk tonight!

Not as big as the Crown Princess this one.

Anne x
06-Jul-09, 22:47
glad I am not on the Marco Polo the night

Kodiak
06-Jul-09, 22:52
It has Just been reported on BBC 24 Hour News Channel that on the Cruise Ship Marco Polo docked in Invergordon an Elderly Man, possibly from Norfolk, has Died from the Vomiting Disease, NoroVirus.

They also said a Further 2 Passengers have been taken to Raigmore Hospital with the Symptoms of this Disease. Also that 150 People are ill onboard.

They did not say if the Cruise Ship will be allowed to leave or not.

Aaldtimer
07-Jul-09, 03:32
[quote=Kodiak;570350]It has Just been reported on BBC 24 Hour News Channel that on the Cruise Ship Marco Polo docked in Invergordon an Elderly Man, possibly from Norfolk, has Died from the Vomiting Disease, NoroVirus.

Actually:-
It added: "In an unrelated incident, a 74-year-old male passenger, with chronic heart and breathing problems, suffered a fatal heart attack on board ship and paramedics were unable to resuscitate him."

PantsMAN
07-Jul-09, 09:18
Seems to me that many cruises are just an excuse for complete over-indulgence in everything. Hundreds of people stuck together - Nora loved it!