PDA

View Full Version : is it just me.......?

kriklah
01-Jul-09, 23:18
or is anyone else making use of these light evenings to work out side? ive jsut come in from getting my driveway and borders cleard of weeds only to look at the time and see its 11.15pm !!!! i find working in the garden too hot work during the day but have had to sacrifice alot of blood to the midges for the benefit of working in the cooler air though!:roll:

ShelleyCowie
01-Jul-09, 23:21
or is anyone else making use of these light evenings to work out side? ive jsut come in from getting my driveway and borders cleard of weeds only to look at the time and see its 11.15pm !!!! i find working in the garden too hot work during the day but have had to sacrifice alot of blood to the midges for the benefit of working in the cooler air though!:roll:

I hate it when its light outside. Feel like im going to bed at 7pm!! Bring on the winter! :Razz Nice and cold outside!

I find it easier to warm up in a blanket than sitting melting with a fan that doesnt do anythin!

kriklah
01-Jul-09, 23:57
the only part about it being so light is i dont realise the time, and so am on the go alot later, i dont think ive been to bed before 1am all this week, but am still up at 7am ready to get kids up for school (roll on friday when i dont have to set the alarm!!!)

shazzap
02-Jul-09, 00:06
I love the lighter nights.

David Banks
02-Jul-09, 01:34
I hate it when its light outside. Feel like im going to bed at 7pm!! Bring on the winter! :Razz Nice and cold outside!

I find it easier to warm up in a blanket than sitting melting with a fan that doesnt do anythin!

1. You mustn't say that, please.
2. What about blinds!! ?
3. Each season has its attractions! Something I really learned after coming to Canada.
4. I generally agree, but did not like one night of minus 44C on the prairies.
5. Oh ye of the feckless fan - we've got good ones in Canada - come over and get one.
Yeah, yeah, I know the voltage will be wrong, but . . .

I am sure you are going to survive this harrowing experience.

bobbyrussell09
02-Jul-09, 11:04
These light nights are great, but i do agree it is hard to get to sleep.In my mind this is just a little matter, theres always the weekend to catch up on sleep:lol::)

kmahon2001
02-Jul-09, 12:17

I totally agree. In the winter you can always wrap up warmer, put on an extra jumper or thermal underwear (or both!) and an extra blanket on the bed. But in the summer, there's only so much you can do to cool down, particularly if you're working. Even if you're at home, you can only strip down till your naked (if you're that way inclined) then you can't go any further if you're still too hot, and if you've got to go out and about during the day, there's simply nothing you can do to get away from the heat.

I must admit I'm concerned about how hot and humid it's been up here over the last week or so. I moved up from England to try and escape the heat and humidity, but it seems there's nowhere to go to escape it. Global warming really makes me mad and it's only going to get hotter over the coming years. [disgust] I've always said that if the various emissions from modern life had caused global cooling rather than warming and we were getting more rain and snow as a result, something would have been done about it much sooner. But because the initial effects caused "better" weather, people simply didn't take it seriously at first. :roll:

bobbyrussell09
02-Jul-09, 14:07
I totally agree. In the winter you can always wrap up warmer, put on an extra jumper or thermal underwear (or both!) and an extra blanket on the bed. But in the summer, there's only so much you can do to cool down, particularly if you're working. Even if you're at home, you can only strip down till your naked (if you're that way inclined) then you can't go any further if you're still too hot, and if you've got to go out and about during the day, there's simply nothing you can do to get away from the heat.

I must admit I'm concerned about how hot and humid it's been up here over the last week or so. I moved up from England to try and escape the heat and humidity, but it seems there's nowhere to go to escape it. Global warming really makes me mad and it's only going to get hotter over the coming years. I've always said that if the various emissions from modern life had caused global cooling rather than warming and we were getting more rain and snow as a result, something would have been done about it much sooner. But because the initial effects caused "better" weather, people simply didn't take it seriously at first. :roll:
try an ice bath like andy murray does lol:lol::roll:

kmahon2001
02-Jul-09, 15:43
try an ice bath like andy murray does lol::roll:

That's ok if you can stay indoors all day but you can hardly take the bath out and about with you or to work etc.:lol::roll:

teddybear1873
02-Jul-09, 16:25

I have to wait to about 8.00pm to cut the grass. Too damn hot to do it during the day. Was sitting on the front porch last night at 11.00pm drinking a beer. It was a cool 80 degrees lol.