PDA

View Full Version : Stop Ignoring us!

mostlyharmless
16-Mar-06, 18:44
Although some perhaps came to Caithness for a quiet life or have stayed here and watched the world go by, I'm fed up of it and think we should let the world know we're here!

From fallng of the edge of the weather map to being skipped over to Orkney,
from Scotland ending at Aberdeen and Broadband only just making it recently.

The radio ignores us the tv gives us the naked rambler in John O Groats or an even older rambler at 1am in the morning.

And now incase we start to reproduce they've tried to take our opportunities to have children away[trying to take wick maternity away not dounreay]
And trying to stop a means to educate our children by attacking our playgroups. What next...

The quiet life is nice but 'mostly harmless seems to explain the importance of Caithness.

So I wrote to the BBC [my age I think] and wonder of wonders they mailed me back and said they would put forward the name of caithness to there radio and tv stations for consultation hmmmmwonder what that means.

In the letter I sent I gave details of some of the past and present writers artists and musicians here, the culture, the sites, the birds, the people,
the history etc etc I couldn't fit it all in!!

I then finished with Caithness.org for more information.

But I'm sure theres much more out there than is registered on the org so let them know we're here!

katarina
16-Mar-06, 19:11
You are so right! There is a wealth of beauty in our countryside and talent in our people.
Now wick doesn't even have a camp site!

KitKat
16-Mar-06, 20:16
..and a local lad is even competing in the Commonwealth games! Ex-Wicker Evan Oliphant represents Scotland in the cycling tomorrow.

Go Evan!!!!

tommy1979
16-Mar-06, 20:26
..and a local lad is even competing in the Commonwealth games! Ex-Wicker Evan Oliphant represents Scotland in the cycling tomorrow.

Go Evan!!!!

All the best for him tomorrow :lol:

DW
16-Mar-06, 21:44
You are so right! There is a wealth of beauty in our countryside and talent in our people.
Now wick doesn't even have a camp site!
The campsite should be opening in the summer according to the Groat....