PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled amenity

nirofo
22-Jun-09, 17:38
I've just had one of my favourite photography venues ruined by mamby pamby council officials. Has anybody seen the ugly non photogenic railings that have been put up right at the edge of Thurso Harbour, I've not been there for a couple of weeks so not sure when they went up? Sitting in the car to take photographs of the birds and scenics is virtually impossible now the railings are in the way. I suppose the politically correct brigade in the Highland Regional Council are frightened in case somebody falls off the edge of the harbour and sues them, although I don't recall ever hearing of anyone falling over the edge there. Maybe in the last hundred years or so somebody has fallen in but I doubt they sued the council, they probably shrugged it off as their own carelessness!

What do others think to this uneccessary and unwanted waste of taxpayers money.

nirofo.

inorg
23-Jun-09, 08:42
Annoyed me too but can see the railings might be necessary from a safety factor.

Deemac
23-Jun-09, 10:11
Any photos of this new addition?

Been there many a time myself. Great place for the gulls on the opposite harbour wall etc. Will be a pity if this vantage point is now spoiled. I assume the Thurso castle view is still intact.

Mystical Potato Head
23-Jun-09, 23:56
The railings are just the same as the ones in place in front of the fish shop which makes sense.Dont really see what the fuss is about,just another harbour with aluminium tube railings like Scrabster,Stromness etc.

North Light
27-Jun-09, 08:39
I was surprised to see them, not convinced about the safety argument, there are still plenty of places to fall in if you want too!

Kenn
27-Jun-09, 17:20
He he BUT who wants to!