PDA

View Full Version : Light meals for Pregnant lady required

squidge
21-Jun-09, 15:57
I am really struggling for meals just now. Cant eat much carbohydrate as it seems to sit in my tummy and make me sick later on - My fav lasagne even does it - often in the middle of the night. Too much garlic makes me heartburny and no chips or too spicy.

My fav meal is dover sole or plaice with a lemon butter and salad.

Anyone got any good suggestions - after 20 years cooking for big boys and men Im not so hot on the light meals. I like flavour too so nothing too bland.

sigh

Dadie
21-Jun-09, 20:43
I know the feeling!
I am eating little and often, when I can, its a bit tricky to do at work.
Toast before getting up.
oatcakes or something starchy but small at teatime with cottage cheese or philly.
Lunch whatever the kids are having...meat, grapes, tattie or bread or pasta with cheese and some veg or soup (same sized portion as my 3 yo)
afternoon snack biscuits
Dinner small helping of roast chicken etc.. poached or grilled salmon or poached monkfish or plaice with green beans and tatties.
cant face red meat at the moment for some reason!
Supper whatever is in the fridge I can be bothered to assemble with minimum cooking!
If at work ... breakfast bacon roll or full breakfast depending on where I am
Lunch sandwiches
chocolate as snacks and feel absolutely awful for it!

shamrock2007
21-Jun-09, 22:01
I was terribly sick in my pregnancy with my daughter, morning noon & night. I lived on cereal for about 5months, my fav was the co-ops version of special k. Meat always made me feel yuck! For the heartburn try to stay away from hot foods & tea always made me suffer. Hope you feel better soon :D

canuck
21-Jun-09, 22:27
Hang in there! It will soon all be over and then you won't even think about the discomfort!
I seem to remember that ice cream went down very well toward the end. But then ice cream always seems to go down well with me!

Dadie
22-Jun-09, 22:25
Ice lollies were good when I was expecting Lauren though hubby took an objection to me eating them in bed!
It was sherbet dib dabs with Iona...not allowed to eat them in bed either..
Not fussed on anything or food in general this time:eek:
Seeming to go off things more than wanting things...

WickWitch
10-Jul-09, 19:17
How about stir fries with ginger? That shouldn't be too heavy and the ginger will help with any nausea.