PDA

View Full Version : Digital surcharge

tonkatojo
16-Jun-09, 18:49
It would appear we or all us that have a land line will have to pay a surcharge,50pence was mentioned per month. That is really unfair as a lot of land line users do not even get a basic broadband service,why pay a surcharge to upgrade those that have broadband already.

Kodiak
16-Jun-09, 18:53
WOW a whole 50p per month EH! That is the huge amount of 1.6p per day. Not sure if I can afford that on my Pension, I suppose I will have to gey rid of my Telephone then.

ER Before I actually do that where Exactly did you get this information from?

tonkatojo
16-Jun-09, 19:01
WOW a whole 50p per month EH! That is the huge amount of 1.6p per day. Not sure if I can afford that on my Pension, I suppose I will have to gey rid of my Telephone then.

ER Before I actually do that where Exactly did you get this information from?

Lucky you being rich then ,but some of us pay a small fortune to get a broadband connection via satelite. As well as a poor land line telephone, that I am told that's as good as you will get.

Kodiak
16-Jun-09, 19:07
Lucky you being rich then ,but some of us pay a small fortune to get a broadband connection via satelite. As well as a poor land line telephone, that I am told that's as good as you will get.

First time I have been called rich for 50 pence a Month, LOL [lol][lol]

You still did not answer my question though, did you?

peedie
16-Jun-09, 19:12
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8102756.stm

would be where the informations come from.

i don't mind paying 50p a month IF the upgrade is going to be fair, not stop at edinburgh.......

golach
16-Jun-09, 19:16
,but some of us pay a small fortune to get a broadband connection via satellite. .
Broadband by Satellite??? Wow how do they do that? And how much?

tonkatojo
16-Jun-09, 20:17
Broadband by Satellite??? Wow how do they do that? And how much?

It's called "avanti" google it for prices.

tonkatojo
16-Jun-09, 20:21
i don't mind paying 50p a month IF the upgrade is going to be fair, not stop at edinburgh.......[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and as long as it's for one an all.
, not just those who have it already.

tonkatojo
16-Jun-09, 20:23
First time I have been called rich for 50 pence a Month, LOL [lol][lol]

You still did not answer my question though, did you?

National news

golach
16-Jun-09, 21:13
It's called "avanti" google it for prices.

Thank you, I never knew that, you have helped me carry out my daily task of learning something new everyday.

alex
16-Jun-09, 22:51
If this is a government policy why can it not be funded from taxation income?

Next time HMG decides to go to war, perhaps it should only be funded by those who have gun licences...

Kenn
16-Jun-09, 23:01
In principle I have no objection but knowing the mess this government makes of things, who's to say the extra tax will not just go into the pockets of the telephone operators or their shareholders?