PDA

View Full Version : How to find somewhere to live

Stefan
15-Jun-09, 19:10
Hi all,
I have been really unfortunate to have lost the place I was going to rent due to the owner selling up. A second property is now suddenly not for rent any more as the owner wants to sell.

I am in need of somewhere in or around Thurso, from August the latest, that has 3 (or better 4) bedrooms. I would love to live in Halkirk, but there doesn't seem to be anything suitable around.

We have dogs that need to sleep in the house at night during the winter, the rest of the time they will be at my land at Shurrery.

I'd prefer an unfurnished place as otherwise I have to store all my furniture. Looking to rent for around 2 years whilst I am building my own house. Deposit waiting.

So far I am checking on here and Georgesons Solicitors, as they don't seem to advertise on the Caithness Business site.

Is there anywhere else I can look?

webmannie
15-Jun-09, 19:20
www.caithnessproperty.co.uk (http://www.caithnessproperty.co.uk)
www.pollardmortgageshop.co.uk (http://www.pollardmortgageshop.co.uk)

Stefan
15-Jun-09, 19:26
Thank you.
caithnessproperty doesn't do lettings and pollard advertises on here, so I already had them covered....

tonkatojo
15-Jun-09, 19:52
Thank you.
caithnessproperty doesn't do lettings and pollard advertises on here, so I already had them covered....

Don't know where you are looking but the org property section has 144 properties to let in their section, I just looked.

shazzap
15-Jun-09, 19:54
Don't know where you are looking but the org property section has 144 properties to let in their section, I just looked.

Nearly all of them now let.

tonkatojo
15-Jun-09, 20:04
Nearly all of them now let.

Aye but he stated there was not a section for lets.

EDDIE
15-Jun-09, 20:46
If you are building your own home is there not room on the ground u have bought to put a mobile home u can get some mobile homes that are 3 bedrooms in them

beth210486
15-Jun-09, 20:59
Hi i have sent you a pm

Stefan
15-Jun-09, 21:27
Aye but he stated there was not a section for lets.

No I said caithnessproperty.co.uk does not do lettings. I check caithness-business.org/rent.php daily. Most of the properties are let or not suitable. There is only one that I am going to look at.

If you are building your own home is there not room on the ground u have bought to put a mobile home u can get some mobile homes that are 3 bedrooms in them

There is plenty of room but no services on the ground and as a foster carer I have to provide a safe and nurturing home. I am afraid a mobile home without running water and electricty will not be passed by social services. Nor the fact that there isn't 4 rooms with a door to close... I have considered it but no can do...
Even if I could find a 4 bed, have water delivered and get an electrician to install a solar/wind powered system, there is still the problem of planning permission, which I won't get by August.

Venture
15-Jun-09, 23:00
That must be so disappointing for you Stefan this late on with your plans. I hope someone is able to help you with new accommodation. Orgers are great in a crisis. If anybody can help you out they can. Good luck.;)

riggerboy
16-Jun-09, 08:01
i have a very good tent i could rent out to you at very reasonable rates

say

2lb tatteis and a half loaf per week ????

let me know and i`ll get the paper work drawn up

Stefan
16-Jun-09, 08:40
i have a very good tent i could rent out to you at very reasonable rates

say

2lb tatteis and a half loaf per week ????

let me know and i`ll get the paper work drawn up

That's a bit over the top, mate. Maybe if you throw in a shovel for the outdoor toilet.... I'll think about it. But the OH might insist on paying in beans, she finds them easier to grow...

riggerboy
16-Jun-09, 08:46
That's a bit over the top, mate. Maybe if you throw in a shovel for the outdoor toilet.... I'll think about it. But the OH might insist on paying in beans, she finds them easier to grow...

are the beans magic, ??? hope you get your troubles sorted

achingale
16-Jun-09, 10:53
Have a look in the local paper. You might get something from there.

Stefan
16-Jun-09, 10:55
Have a look in the local paper. You might get something from there.

Don't think they sell the local Caithness paper in England :-(

achingale
16-Jun-09, 11:02
You can get The John o'Groat Journal sent to you. Contacts are:
Thurso Office
39 Olrig St
Thurso
KW14 7HF

Phone: 01847 892015
Fax: 01847 895740

Wick Office
42 Union Street
Wick
Caithness
KW1 5ED

Phone: 01955 602424
Fax: 01955 604822

Email the papers: editor@nosn.co.uk (editor@nosn.co.uk)
(editor@nosn.co.uk)

poppett
16-Jun-09, 11:05
John O`Groat Journal is available online if that helps, or if you pm me your address I will send you a copy and you can contact all the letting agents directly. Perhaps our social work department in Thurso may be able to help you with suggestions for temporary accommodation 01847 893835, or the council on 01847 805505 (direct line for housing and property services). Alternatively you could advertise in the John O`Groat Journal for something suitable for your needs under "property wanted". Good luck.

shazzap
16-Jun-09, 11:35
Don't think they sell the local Caithness paper in England :-(

I am looking for accommodation and get the papers.
Would you like me to PM you the details of anything suitable.

Miss Mack
04-Jul-09, 17:46
Hi all,
I have been really unfortunate to have lost the place I was going to rent due to the owner selling up. A second property is now suddenly not for rent any more as the owner wants to sell.

I am in need of somewhere in or around Thurso, from August the latest, that has 3 (or better 4) bedrooms. I would love to live in Halkirk, but there doesn't seem to be anything suitable around.

We have dogs that need to sleep in the house at night during the winter, the rest of the time they will be at my land at Shurrery.

I'd prefer an unfurnished place as otherwise I have to store all my furniture. Looking to rent for around 2 years whilst I am building my own house. Deposit waiting.

So far I am checking on here and Georgesons Solicitors, as they don't seem to advertise on the Caithness Business site.

Is there anywhere else I can look?

Hopefully the owner sold it to someone Scottish !

BINBOB
04-Jul-09, 18:01
Hopefully the owner sold it to someone Scottish !

OH....u are brave/silly to say that!!!;)

Miss Mack
04-Jul-09, 18:15
OH....u are brave/silly to say that!!!;)
Aye, probably a bit of both;)!

Stefan
04-Jul-09, 18:20
I don't know, but I don't think they would be bothered about it. The end of the day it's about the money, not your nationality.

I hope you weren't hitting out at me and my family. My OH wouldn't be too pleased with that being Scottish and all ! ;)

Pleased to say there are plenty of people in Caithness who value diversity.

BINBOB
04-Jul-09, 18:44
I don't know, but I don't think they would be bothered about it. The end of the day it's about the money, not your nationality.

I hope you weren't hitting out at me and my family. My OH wouldn't be too pleased with that being Scottish and all ! ;)

Pleased to say there are plenty of people in Caithness who value diversity.

Good Luck in ur search..I am sure something will turn up.;)