PDA

View Full Version : Courgettes first time grower

Anne x
12-Jun-09, 23:40
Mine are Brilliant this year so many flowers and now babies so after this crop do I get any more ? or is this it

Green Peppers also Brill this year

Kevin Milkins
13-Jun-09, 10:43
Mine are Brilliant this year so many flowers and now babies so after this crop do I get any more ? or is this it

Green Peppers also Brill this year

Keep picking feeding and watering and they will crop all summer.

Dont let them grow into a marrow or the plant will think it has done its job and stop flowering.

Having said all that, I have planted three and the slugs, (I think) have cut 2 of them off at ground level.:mad:

784pete
14-Jun-09, 04:38
Keep picking feeding and watering and they will crop all summer.

Dont let them grow into a marrow or the plant will think it has done its job and stop flowering.

Having said all that, I have planted three and the slugs, (I think) have cut 2 of them off at ground level.:mad:

it may be you have overwatered them as young plants and they have rotted at the base this is common in them only water like mad when they have flowered!! took me the hard way for years lo get this one right!!!!:lol:

Kevin Milkins
14-Jun-09, 09:22
it may be you have overwatered them as young plants and they have rotted at the base this is common in them only water like mad when they have flowered!! took me the hard way for years lo get this one right!!!!:lol:

You may be right on that one 784pete, I have been a bit over the top with the can.:confused

Anne x
15-Jun-09, 00:47

good advice thank you , and thank you Kevin