PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ask Jeeves-Ask The Org.

joxville
12-Jun-09, 19:26
Weight watching and dietary information isn't something I have to worry about-or take notice of anyway, so can someone tell me if noodes are healthy or good for you in any shape or form.....specifically Batchelors Super Noodles. I don't eat them myself but it cropped in conversation at work today-I reckon noodles are healthy though I'm not sure about the Batchelors style of doing them. I don't want an in-depth answer about salt/fat/protein content etc., just to know whether overall they are good for you.

Between us all on the Org *we know everything so I'm sure I'll get the definitive answer.

*Except Alice and me, we just provide the glamour and good looks. :cool:

Anne x
12-Jun-09, 23:30
Dont be eating processed food ie Batchelors get fresh noodles from any supermarket throw them in a pan few mins drain eat plain or stir fry or like my oh with a good dash soya sauce and tabasco preferably served with Duck Breast
dinna be taken in with all that processed stuff ghastly stuff

joxville
13-Jun-09, 11:41
Are they processed then? I never eat noodles anyway so not a problem for me.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jun-09, 11:44

Jox you know you are still my favourite orger ;)

Vistravi
13-Jun-09, 12:01

Well maybe Alice does.......:Razz

Venture
13-Jun-09, 12:05
Well maybe Alice does.......:cool:

Now don't spoil it for him Vistravi. Just let him keep thinking that he does. Makes for a quieter org life.[lol]

Vistravi
13-Jun-09, 12:41
Now don't spoil it for him Vistravi. Just let him keep thinking that he does. Makes for a quieter org life.[lol]

lol Venture :lol:

Margaret M.
13-Jun-09, 15:05
I'm not familiar with the product but that doesn't stop me from knowing it all. :D
Anytime you have a packet of dried up stuff, it's not going to be healthy, especially if it contains meat or chicken,. The meat and chicken would have to be highly processed to prevent them from rotting in a packet. If it's not real meat or chicken, they use goodness knows what to replicate the flavour. I took a quick lookie at the label of one of the flavours -- mild curry -- high in calories and saturated fat. There may be some "flavours" better than others but I would not buy any of them.

Pasta cooked at home is fine if you are OK with carbs, it is what is added to it, that can make it an unhealthy option.

Rheghead
13-Jun-09, 20:54
I find that Batchelors Super Noodles are the best food to carry around on a cyclo-camping holiday. They weigh and occupy next to nowt, they are easy to cook in no time at all and they contain lots of calories. I wouldn't eat them at home.