PDA

View Full Version : Tcp settings

celtic lass
11-Jun-09, 14:05
hi i'm wondering if any body can help.My wireless connection does'nt always work ,when i was on internet this morning it came up on laptop the following ''TCP SETTING'' TURN OF THE TCP SETTING THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE ROUTER .This is double dutch to me is the tcp settings om my laptop or my main pc ,how do you get into them and yes im hopeless when it comes to things like this ,can anyone help?:confused

blueivy
11-Jun-09, 19:23
hi i'm wondering if any body can help.My wireless connection does'nt always work ,when i was on internet this morning it came up on laptop the following ''TCP SETTING'' TURN OF THE TCP SETTING THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE ROUTER .This is double dutch to me is the tcp settings om my laptop or my main pc ,how do you get into them and yes im hopeless when it comes to things like this ,can anyone help?:confused

Where did this come up on the laptop? I suspect that's not the whole message. Can you let us know what the exact message was (including the message box title bar) if possible?

What would be even better is a screenshot of it (with the box select press Alt and PrintScreen (yours may say PrtScr and it's normally next to the Scroll Lock and Pause / Break key) together which takes a 'picture' of that box. You can then open MSPaint (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint), paste it in there, save it and then attach it to your reply.

celtic lass
12-Jun-09, 09:12
this happened when i was downloading updates from microsoft, all were successful except for 2 because of tcp settings and the rest of the message i posted on the org.While im picking your brains ,when i cant get connected to the internet sometimes,it comes up there maybe a problem with a network adapter on this computer.It doesn't happen on my pc that the livebox is pluged into does that mean there's something wrong with my laptop as its still under warranty.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:confused

blueivy
15-Jun-09, 13:32
I've never seen that error message before. If you TCP is set incorrectly you wouldn't be able to communicate with anything. Unless it tells you what TCP settings to turn off there is not a lot you can look at. Which updates were not installed?

Wireless problems can be caused by a huge number of things. Perhaps if you are getting the TCP messages and messages about your network adapter there may be a problem with it.

I would start by sitting as close to the wireless router as possible and seeing if you still get the error messages and dropped connections. If you don't it would tend to suggest the wireless adapter is fine.