PDA

View Full Version : Old or new?

Vistravi
25-May-09, 20:25
Would you or do you put your kids to nursery in new clothes? We all know what happens when kids are in nursery and school they like to get dirty and do messy activites which means dirty clothes and the worst paint on clothes regardless of aprons;)

A child wore new white jeans eday and got paint all over one side. mum was not impressed. i can't help thinking well you shouldn't put them in new clothes then to nursery.:confused

balto
25-May-09, 20:39
im a firm believer a dirty child is a happy child, if you send your child to somewhere you know there is a chance they will get dirty and it will bother you then send them in older clothes. I dont get parents who have a total melt down when their kids get dirty, after all there is loads of kids who arent able to get dirty as they have something wrong with them, i bet their parents would love to see them dirty.

emszxr
25-May-09, 20:59
my oldest goes to nursery in school jumper and t shirt and cheap school trousers. the trousers and jumpers have washed really well through out the year. the t shirts have a couple of stains of them of paint and stuff but i am not bothered.

middle child will be going to playgroup come august and she will be wearing mostly what her older sister wore last year at playgroup. joggy bottoms and cheap jumpers. hand me downs are great if you worried about getting their clothes dirty.

ShelleyCowie
25-May-09, 21:12
Vistravi i get ya!

Athrun may not go to nursery but he gets so messy! Just ask balto, the state o him today eatin his cake! [lol]

But my OH's kids come home messy most of the time. Whether its paint, pen ink on their hands, water, sand or mud. Its what kids do.

If athrun gets dirt on him then thats fine by me. My washing machine is never off! Poor thing! :lol:

skinnydog
25-May-09, 21:17
Old clothes every time for me! At least I still have the choice in what I put on mine but that is going to come to an end soon enough when she starts picking what she wants to wear. Let the battle commence - I am sure that some people will think I have let her get dressed in the dark when she puts on some of the combinations. I look forward to stripes being mixed with spots!

Anyway, back on the thread, old clothes for nursery as I expect them to get paint on, food on and whatever else they happen to be doing.

Vistravi
25-May-09, 21:36
Like digging in the mud like some of the kids in the nursery i work in like to do skinnydog lol.
Today during the paint incident the child, her friend, the floor and my right trouser leg and right shoe got covered in paint.
My trousers are ones i only wear in the nursery and regardless of what goes on them it all comes out in the wash and if it stains well so what? i'm just going to wear it in the nursery again anyway. At the end of the day its only clothes. :D

NLP
25-May-09, 23:05
I don't put her out in stained clothes (keep that for the garden) but I don't care when she comes home covered in food or paint at the end of the day it washes out, last week her dress was covered in felt pen and I was OH NO but she was happy and thats what counts.

Rheghead
25-May-09, 23:17
I've found that as a parent of just one child that I have had to buy newish clothes all the time because we live away from family and friends in the same position for hand-me -down stuff. We did have a load given by a kind friend but they have been outgrown.

So unfortunately new clothes get painted on all the time, I've just learnt to accept that now. :(

Dadie
26-May-09, 12:26
I try to have both of my kids looking clean at the start of the day and at the end of the day after bathtime in clean jammies.
Inbetween times they can look manky....unless we are going out then they will be changed!
Lauren will be starting nursery properly after the summer and it wont matter if she is wearing old or new or 2nd hand clothes depending on what fits....she will get messy!
Thats what the washing machine, biotex, vanish and bleach in exteme cases is for!

I also thought nurserys now generally have a uniform of a jumper or polo shirts or t shirts for the kids to wear!

achingale
26-May-09, 13:00
Always put them in old clothes. Some nurseries put washing powder in their dry paint before mixing it so it comes off the clothes easier but it's not a good idea wearing anything mum thinks should come back home in the same condition it went out in!:lol:

Dadie
26-May-09, 20:34
Washing powder in the paint is something I will have more of an issue with than dirty kids as Lauren is allergic to a lot of washing powders (as am I)
and it makes her skin flair up:eek:

Vistravi
27-May-09, 00:41
Washing powder in the paint is something I will have more of an issue with than dirty kids as Lauren is allergic to a lot of washing powders (as am I)
and it makes her skin flair up:eek:

This won't be a issue for Lauren in nursery as all nurseries are required by the care comission to ensure that any child with allergies are not put in a situation where their allergies take hold.
Just make sure they know exactly which ones she is allergic to as they will need to ensure that theyre dressing up clothes is washed using one she is fine with when the time comes.

cuddlepop
27-May-09, 19:35
No its ridiculous to expect kids not to get dirty they're not porcelian dolls.:Razz

grumpy1
27-May-09, 20:35
im with balto a dirty child is a happy child...my kids must be ecstatic as my eldest goes through about 4 outfits a day..where as my youngest has to be pinned down to get his mucky togs off...at the end of the day they all clean we were all made washable for a reason[lol][lol]